Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 180

Thread: Exchange kids

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    158

    Exchange kids

    Guys quick question, No need to go read my previous posts, case is complicated.
    In a vacuum during kids exchange, she was the dumper, i'm going to see her for the first time in 3 months after the break up.

    I'm going to drive to her place with my kid, should I go to her doorstep with the kid and give him to her, or should I just stop the car in front of her house, kid gets out and I leave immediately?

    Take in consideration she has reached out and i asked her out twice for a drink and she said no, and said she wants nothing to do with me.

  2. #2
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,434
    Gender
    Female
    Dude donít call your son, ď itĒ. At least make sure he gets inside the door . She ainít interested.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    158
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Dude donít call your son, ď itĒ. At least make sure he gets inside the door . She ainít interested.
    typo. He is been there with me million times when we were together he knows the way and ill text her before I arrive.
    So go with him and knock on her door or just leave him in front of her house and leave?

    Does it show im butt-hurt if i don't go to her doorstep? or gets her attention more by not going?

  4. #4
    Platinum Member happyfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,425
    Gender
    Male
    Go to the doorstep with the kid and give kid to her.

    She isn't romantically interested anymore with you. Just keep things civil for your kid.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,434
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by happyfrank
    Go to the doorstep with the kid and give kid to her.

    She isn't romantically interested anymore with you. Just keep things civil for your kid.
    She isnít the kidís mom just an ex who wants the two kids to play together.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member happyfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,425
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    She isnít the kidís mom just an ex who wants the two kids to play together.
    I know.

    I think he should keep things civil. If he can't handle that. It's best his son doesn't play with school friend.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member bluecastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,229
    Gender
    Male
    You are butt-hurt. If they gave Oscars for being butt-hurt, you'd have no competition. And you've already showed her that, over and over, and over and over, and then, for good measure, a few more times. So rest assured that, at this point, there is literally nothing you can do to "not show" that.

    Good news? It doesn't matter, if you can value your child above your wounded pride and porcelain ego. What does that look like? It looks like stripping this down to what is real rather than what you wish to be real: that you dated someone for a hot minute, didn't work out, and now your children are friendly. That's the story, beginning to end, and it's hardly a singular one.

    Let's say you and I are male acquaintances. Not close, not much to talk about; in fact, we don't even like each other all that much. But I have a daughter who your son hangs out with every now and then. How would you handle that "exchange"? Whatever your answer, that's how you handle this one: like a grownup, not a butt-hurt guy still looking for an angle.

    Do that and, in time, something will happen. You will show yourself something of great value that I sense you've yet to discover: that you can heal from being butt-hurt, rather than being defined by it.

  9. #8
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    37,603
    Gender
    Male
    Will her bf or a male relative or neighbor be inside? It's not trespassing if you do not go on her property so if things got ugly she couldn't have you arrested.
    Originally Posted by RicBoy
    I'm going to drive to her place with my kid, should I go to her doorstep with the kid and give him to her, or should I just stop the car in front of her house, kid gets out and I leave immediately?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    158
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    You are butt-hurt. If they gave Oscars for being butt-hurt, you'd have no competition. And you've already showed her that, over and over, and over and over, and then, for good measure, a few more times. So rest assured that, at this point, there is literally nothing you can do to "not show" that.

    Good news? It doesn't matter, if you can value your child above your wounded pride and porcelain ego. What does that look like? It looks like stripping this down to what is real rather than what you wish to be real: that you dated someone for a hot minute, didn't work out, and now your children are friendly. That's the story, beginning to end, and it's hardly a singular one.

    Let's say you and I are male acquaintances. Not close, not much to talk about; in fact, we don't even like each other all that much. But I have a daughter who your son hangs out with every now and then. How would you handle that "exchange"? Whatever your answer, that's how you handle this one: like a grownup, not a butt-hurt guy still looking for an angle.

    Do that and, in time, something will happen. You will show yourself something of great value that I sense you've yet to discover: that you can heal from being butt-hurt, rather than being defined by it.
    I guess door-step will be.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator HeartGoesOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,953
    Gender
    Female
    I'd cancel this exchange. It's obvious this is about using your son as bait in the hopes of getting her back. Not only is this a waste of time, but attempting to use your child as a pawn is disturbing and unfair.

Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •