LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even worse treatment... post break-up? Advice please

Platinum Member
    You have learned the painful way that you can't be friends with him. I have a feeling you were okay with the "friendship" because you knew he still wanted you and that felt good, even if you didn't want to date him again. I doubt you had malicious intentions, but your ego was boosted knowing you had the upper-hand, so to speak.

Now that he actually is moving on, the reality of the break-up is hitting you anew. It's time to block him. He was hoping to get back in your good books but when he realized it wasn't going to happen, he opened the door for other options.

He did you both a favour, even if it doesn't seem that way now. Maintaining a friendship with him wasn't realistic or in your best interests.

Platinum Member
    I do not understand why you are in contact with this guy. You need to block him.

Perfect example to why we don't `stay friends or remain civil' as you put it. One or both remain attached and still has some unsaid expectations.
    When the other has weaned themselves away and moves on to another relationship, the other is left behind confused and disappointed.

If you are TRULY friends, true friends support each others growth and happiness.
    But as you have now learned, his happiness is now making you miserable.

So you weren't really his friend. You had some (unfair) expectations of him and remained attached.

The whole point of a breakup is to break up. So break contact beyond being civil whenever your paths 'must' cross.

Read my sig, and opt for peace of mind instead of mind games.

I would definitely cut contact, at least for awhile until you feel better about maybe seeing him with someone else. It sounds like you felt you made a good decision ending things though.

Platinum Member
    Don't want the drama? Don't talk to him. Its really pretty simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice