Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Living with ex that doesnít want me

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    9
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Where did you live before? Where you homeless? Do you have friends or family who could help you out? Are you working? Going to school? No contact? What for? He thinks of you as a roommate with benefits. You need to move out.
    Thank you For your reply and for putting it in perspective . your absolute correct to him I am just a roommate with benefits

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,232
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    I was not homeless and I was asked to move in by him. As far as Communication he refuses to communicate he shuts down and ignores and mimics me when I talk so I totally agree with you when you say reeks of immaturity however the reason why I have not left yet is because I feel that I should not have to go backwards in my life because I put myself out there to be in a relationship. I am going to move out I just need to save money up first. I also am waiting to hear back from my brother to see if I can rent a room from him. I didnít think the no contact rule would work in a situation like this I did have a read something in an article online about how to use the no contact rule while living together and it said basically treat it like a business relationship so itís what Iím doing acting professional and treating it as if itís a business relationship
    Sorry but this is a time when you move out even if you need a loan -if you don't the long term effects on you emotionally and in other relationships will make you wonder why you waited. Staying is going backwards in your life. You can't have a business relationship where you live with an ex.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    9
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    I was not homeless and I was asked to move in by him. As far as Communication he refuses to communicate he shuts down and ignores and mimics me when I talk so I totally agree with you when you say reeks of immaturity however the reason why I have not left yet is because I feel that I should not have to go backwards in my life because I put myself out there to be in a relationship. I am going to move out I just need to save money up first. I also am waiting to hear back from my brother to see if I can rent a room from him. I didnít think the no contact rule would work in a situation like this I did have a read something in an article online about how to use the no contact rule while living together and it said basically treat it like a business relationship so itís what Iím doing acting professional and treating it as if itís a business relationship
    No he has not once said he wanted me to leave and he has not once said for me to move out I have asked him straight forward how much she would want me to pay just to rent the room as I leave I have gotten no clear-cut answers from him

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,232
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    No he has not once said he wanted me to leave and he has not once said for me to move out I have asked him straight forward how much she would want me to pay just to rent the room as I leave I have gotten no clear-cut answers from him
    If you want to heal and move on and have a normal life including the potential for meeting other people then move out ASAP.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12,985
    What happens when he starts bringing girls over? You'll wish you'd moved out when that happens.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,696
    Originally Posted by amyjmarchi
    I was asked to move in by him. As far as Communication he refuses to communicate he shuts down and ignores and mimics me when I talk .... the reason why I have not left yet is because I feel that I should not have to go backwards in my life because I put myself out there to be in a relationship. I am going to move out I just need to save money up first........ acting professional and treating it as if itís a business relationship
    He asked you to move in , fine. And he is entitled to ask you to move out , he is even entitled to change the locks and not let you in if you wonít move out willingly. It seems you are aware he doesnít want you there.

    You moved in willingly after only dating a short time and not really knowing him. That was all YOUR risk and his gain.
    You now feel you should not have to go backwards because you put yourself out there ďto be in a relationship ď Sorry but if you were to invest in a relationship, you wouldnít move in with someone within the first year of dating nevermind a few weeks or months. That was not commitment , but mere convenience. Only.

    To move back to where you lived prior is not a step backwards , itís a step forward.

    Unfortunately for you when you moved in with him , that was you taking a giant step backward.

    If you need to save to move out , that just suggests you couldnít afford to move in , in the first place.

    So go back to where you were a year ago and in future only move in with someone well after a year of dating.

    Good luck!

  8. #17
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The emerald city
    Posts
    1,137
    Gender
    Male
    I don't always agree with Billie28 but on this occasion, I concur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •