Why did this guy block me on everything for NO REASON!?

slisa887

I've been talking to this guy for 7 months now and we have never had any type of fight or argument whatsoever. We live about 6 hours away from each other so we haven't met in person yet, but we were planning on meeting soon. We would text almost everyday and he would always tell me how he wanted us to live together eventually and stuff like that. Literally last week he was telling me how he was falling in love with, how he was so excited to see me, and how he would do anything to be with me, and how he never wanted to be with anyone as much as me. Our last messages to each other was on Friday. Anyways yesterday I noticed he wasn't active on facebook all day and then I checked again in the evening and it said I could no longer message him on facebook. So I tried to send him a couple text messages and no response, so I guess he blocked me. I'm SO confused. Why the hell would he just block me on everything out of nowhere after 7 months of communication!??? Nothing even happened between us for him to even need to block me.

What is your opinion on this??? Do you think he will eventually unblock me and try to contact me again???

He probably met someone local who he could see on a regular basis.

Having a relationship with an electronic device isn't as satisfying as being able to hold hands, hug, kiss, etc. with someone in person.

I recommend you do the same! Find someone you can actually see in person regularly.

But what was the point in blocking me though?? And how did things literally change in hours? Like we were communicating with each other 12 hours before all this happened and he was calling me beautiful and that he was excited to see me and stuff. How did things just change within 12 hours???

He told me all the time that he would come to see me and live with me whenever I wanted all I had to do was tell him. He even told me one day that he would leave that same day to come see me. So there couldn't have been a secret wife or girlfriend. And he texted me at all hours of the day.

The whole thing just makes absolutely no sense.

He told me all the time that he would come to see me and live with me whenever I wanted all I had to do was tell him. He even told me one day that he would leave that same day to come see me. So there couldn't have been a secret wife or girlfriend. And he texted me at all hours of the day.

But he didn't leave that same day to come see you, did he? And texting is easy to hide. He could have told his wife/live in girlfriend/non-live in girlfriend he was texting his buddy or checking sports scores.

By any chance are you a teenager or very young adult (younger than 20)?

He didn't because I told him not too because I ended up going away for Christmas literally the next day. He didn't only text me...he called and went on video chats too.

No I'm not a teenager or younger than 20.

Well, no matter what he didn't mean what he said.

There are unscrupulous people out there who do things like this for their own entertainment. It's too bad nice people get caught up in these situations.

It would be better to meet and date local men who you can see on a regular basis. Having a relationship with your phone, laptop or tablet isn't nearly as rewarding as being able to see one another regularly in person.

You were wasting your time. Be glad he's gone so you can meet someone where you live and conduct your selves one on one, face to face where you can touch and there is no screen in between causing you to think you love some stranger who, for all you know stinks, has the clap or worse.

Get off the computer and mingle with da boyzzz in person.

He is married and/or met someone who he is romantically involved with who would not want to see that he'd been texting with a woman who lives far away. Or she found out and he agreed to block you. Of course he could have been married or had a serious partner at any time. Watch the feet- what the person does -not the lips -what he says. I'm sorry what he typed to you was a lie -or at least probably was a lie -also could be he met someone very recently and was honest in what he said to you - meaning honest words but not backed up with actions since he didn't take the time to meet you. You won't know. That's a risk of typing and talking to someone who is a stranger for romantic purposes. He could have been anyone or several people typing to you.

Your thought process reminds me a lot of my own when I myself was duped by someone who told me all sorts of wonderful things. You are probably a generally honest person so you are having trouble understanding how someone could say all of that and not be sincere. Because you took it as sincere, it became a foundational belief for you - it became your very real reality. And having to possibly assess it as fictional proves incredibly difficult. But I promise you, when the day comes that you leave this situation behind, the deception will be strikingly clear.

I had a friend who was in almost the exact same situation. BUT she even met him in person and spent time with him.

She believed wholeheartedly that he was single and loved her. He texted her all day long too.

She eventually found out that he had a wife. He was playing both of them. He lied to her, and he lied to his wife.

Told his wife that he was texting for business purposes and that his trip to go see her was for business too.

To her, he lied and said he was single and had waited for her all his life etc etc.

I would guess that this man has played the same game and his wife caught on.

You have to be careful, don't trust so quickly and make sure you know who you're actually talking to.

People can pretend to be anything or anyone online.

I am sorry... but you may never know. married? met someone? got bored? total liar? who knows... but take this as a lesson learned... don't get involved with someone 6 hours way, on line. couple things to keep in mind:

1. until you meet in person you don't know the person at all

2. long distance is hard for couples that were already in a relationship, when they had to move away from each other for some reason. So starting out long distance is even harder.

You were used to having a friend to chat with and give you some emotional support. So you rightly, will miss those interactions. but this is a huge blessing. Now you can find someone local and have something better in real life.

He did you a favor. stay off Facebook for awhile focus on friends, family, and real life interactions.

OP, please don't jump to conclusions that he was married/in a relationship/scamming you. There is no direct evidence for that. Just assumptions.

Work with what you know - you communicated with him, you videoed with him, yet in the end he didn't complete.

Maybe he got cold feet, or maybe he was more into the idea of it than the reality.

Do you think he will eventually unblock me and try to contact me again???

Possibly, rather than likely. Don't hang around waiting though.

Hopefully by the time he ever does you'll be with somebody better for you.

This is a blessing. You don't know if this illusion is married, living with someone, catfishing, scamming, etc. The best thing to do is clean out and reset all your social media and messaging apps. Get rid of all the dead weight including this entity. Reset your privacy settings. Clean out your contact list. Post fresh pics and upbeat posts on social media.

Get out more in real life. Make sure you have a good social life including friends family coworkers, etc. Join some clubs and groups take some fun or educational classes or courses. Usually people who get caught up in and sucked into online things like this are lonely isolated and are avoiding real life.

Get a nice profile and pics up on a quality (paid) dating apps. Make sure you set things for local matches and only exchange a few messages then meet for a quick coffee within a week or so. People who won't meet in person or deliberately reach out to people at great distances usually have problems and are hiding something.

I've been talking to this guy for 7 months now. We live about 6 hours away from each other so we haven't met in person
OP, please don't jump to conclusions that he was married/in a relationship/scamming you. There is no direct evidence for that. Just assumptions.

Work with what you know - you communicated with him, you videoed with him, yet in the end he didn't complete.

Maybe he got cold feet, or maybe he was more into the idea of it than the reality.

But they are all assumptions. Often if there's a sudden drastic blocking like that it's because the person doesn't want someone else to know.

He didn't because I told him not too because I ended up going away for Christmas literally the next day. He didn't only text me...he called and went on video chats too.

That is not proof that he is single, girl. Not even close.

Neither is his claim that he would have dropped everything to come see you the very day he suggested it. You don't know if he would have followed through or had some sort of convenient, last-minute excuse as to why he couldn't make it after all.

Do we know for sure he is taken? No, of course not. Just as much as you don't know for sure he is single. You have never met him, never been to his house - you have no way of knowing what or whom he does in his free time.

My guess is that he's either had a wife/girlfriend the entire time and she caught on to him, or he's started seeing someone and doesn't want her to figure out he's been sweet-talking other girls online for months. Please, do not invest in strangers online in the future. It's a fantasy. Unless and until you spend real time together in person, you can't truly know who you are dealing with and what his real story is.

uhm... all there is, is assumptions to give this op because none of us, including her know why he ghosted her. The MOST LIKELY scenerio though is that he was not being genuine with her in some way or another. Whether he was married or not, or he just got cold feet... conducting a relationship on the internet is bogus at best fueling feelings based on words without actions to back them up as truths and ends up like what happened to the OP or worse.

Oh yes there could be a secret wife or girlfriend, dont delude yourself. He could find moments to text you at various times, dont fool yourself with that idea either. You have built up quite a fantasy in your mind over a guy you havent even met. I bet he's met another girl and now is chasing her. Do yourself a favour and block and delete him and move on.

Archived