(kinda) long distance relationship?

azmx

I'm from Mexico, and at the moment I'm studying in Spain for one semester (I'm 21 by the way), I met a girl online from my hometown in Mexico through social media, her family is friends with my family but I never really talked to her.

So, in Spain, I started talking with her, and I inevitably fell in love, I know, stupid haha.

At one point, I confessed my feelings for her, and she sorta felt the same way, but there was one issue.

She ended a 4 year relationship around 2 months before my confession, and she's a pretty reserved and quite girl, she will probably need a lot of time to recover from that break-up.

About one week ago, she called me crying that we shouldn't try this, because she's having a lot of issues and doesn't want to hurt me by keeping me waiting.

But I want to wait, I want to help her, well, because I love her and I care about her well-being.

So we settled in keeping things cool between us until I come back to Mexico, and even then, I might have to wait more, who knows, and honestly, this is destroying me, because I want to love her, and she probably wants to love me too, but we're forced to remain friends and act cool for now.

The feeling of "losing her" is really messing me up.

Don't wait just back off and give her space. Why do I say that? because you will end up in the friends zone if you stick close to her. To be desirable is to be less available. Staying friends will kill the romance and she will use you as her stepping stone to the next guy....like I said BACK OFF.

Have you met in person? It seems like she is on/off with her bf, so don't become a shoulder to cry on. Date local women in person wherever you are currently living.

I met a girl online from my hometown in Mexico through social media. one week ago, she called me crying that we shouldn't try this.

Archived