LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I miss my chance with her?

Did I miss my chance with her?

Theres a girl I like and well it probably is too late but three months ago she had (I think) asked me to the school dance and I had told her "Maybe" because I was shocked at her asking me a question like that since I didn't think she would ask me a question like that at all (and she gave me other signs that she liked me but I didn't really pick up on it)

Then she started to avoid me since that day and I've talked to her at times but she doesn't seem interested in talking anymore but will still talk to me at times.

I've felt really hurt at everything that's happened.
    I wish I had tried to fix things before but I didn't really know what to do and well now it's been 3 months and I've probably missed my chance and it sucks. I truly regret saying "Maybe" and wished that I could've went to the dance with her and I wish I could fix things now and could've been more than friends but I probably can't now. It really sucks.

Have you changed this to a "Yes"? Ask her out on a date. Simple.
    Originally Posted by Bill Nye
    three months ago she had (I think) asked me to the school dance and I had told her "Maybe"

Ask her out?

Look, it probably took a lot of nerve for her to get the courage to ask you.
    `Maybe' is basically a brush off.
    So, now you feel hurt??
    Have you considered how she must have felt?

Explain yourself and ask her out.

I feel hurt because I feel like I can't fix things? I asked her out the week before Christmas and she told me she couldn't because she was getting picked up right afterschool but I'm just going to ask her one more time and I wanted to know if I should apologize to her even though it was awhile ago? Maybe if she tells me no I'll tell her that I'm sorry for what happened before and would like to fix things with her

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Ask her out?

Look, it probably took a lot of nerve for her to get the courage to ask you.
    `Maybe' is basically a brush off.
    So, now you feel hurt??
    Have you considered how she must have felt?

Explain yourself and ask her out.
    THIS^^^^ You hurt her, how do you think she felt? Ask her out for coffee...

So should I apologize for what happened before and tell her I want to fix things and that I would really like to hangout with her?

Originally Posted by Bill Nye
    So should I apologize for what happened before and tell her I want to fix things and that I would really like to hangout with her?
    yes . . . . .

Would it be bad if I texted her this apology since I almost never get a chance to talk to her since shes almost never around and only in two of my classes (which I can never talk to her at the end)

Don't text about important things. Can't you ask to meet with her after school and have a talk then? A phone conversation would be second best after in person.

Yeah ok then. I guess I have grown unconfident because I'm worried of the outcome and so I don't know if I should exactly do this or not..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice