My crush is standoffish?

peachypeach

I work at a store and I have a manager that is outgoing and is outgoing and talks to everyone. I noticed that he’s sometimes hesitant to make eye contact with me and looks away. A few times we made eye contact and it looked like he was gonna tell me something but changed his mind. I noticed that he’s always so serious with me only and when I try to break the ice, his response is so serious and I just feel like he doesn’t like me and I kind of take it personal since I noticed he’s friendly and laughs with the other girls I work with but with me, he’s just so standoffish. What do you guys think?

I think you need to remain polite, well mannered, respectful and professional at all times. Ignore how your boss is with other girls. Do you job well and behave graciously yet enforce healthy boundaries.

Act natural in a kind way but don't be over zealous either.

I noticed that he’s always so serious with me only and when I try to break the ice, his response is so serious and I just feel like he doesn’t like me and I kind of take it personal since I noticed he’s friendly and laughs with the other girls I work with but with me, he’s just so standoffish. What do you guys think?

The other girls don’t have a “crush” on him and therefore behave normally around him.

You act odd around him , not the other way around.

There is no “ice” to break.

He is your manager , not someone you are out on a date with.

Focus on your job and doing it right , rather than paying all that attention to how he is with others versus you .

Perhaps he has noticed you aren’t focusing on your job and that’s what he was about to say to you??

Ok it would be best not to try to come onto someone at work, particularly someone in a management position. The workplace is not a dating app or a singles club. Go to work in order to work, act polite and professional. Don't make things creepy or awkward for others who have to work there. It's fine to think someone is attractive, but you need to find dating opportunities outside of work.

I work at a store and I have a manager that is outgoing and is outgoing and talks to everyone. I noticed he’s friendly and laughs with the other girls I work with but with me, he’s just so standoffish.

It is doubtful the other women are staring at him for eye contact accounting, and instead are behaving normally. Like a kidney stone, a crush will pass. In the meantime, remember your behavior even when subtle and he isn't interested, is most likely still uncomfortable to him. It would be helpful to focus on your job and chat with others for a while.

The other girls don’t have a “crush” on him and therefore behave normally around him.

You act odd around him , not the other way around.

There is no “ice” to break.

He is your manager , not someone you are out on a date with.

Focus on your job and doing it right , rather than paying all that attention to how he is with others versus you .

Perhaps he has noticed you aren’t focusing on your job and that’s what he was about to say to you??

I don’t really act odd around him though. I’m pretty quiet around him too. I don’t even try to talk to him every time he’s around, making it seem like I’m crushing on him. But when I do, it’s in a friendly way and not flirty way but I get a serious response

I don’t really act odd around him though. I’m pretty quiet around him too. I don’t even try to talk to him every time he’s around, making it seem like I’m crushing on him. But when I do, it’s in a friendly way and not flirty way but I get a serious response

Everything you just said IS acting odd around him!!

Being quiet around him when you otherwise aren’t with others, conscientiously NOT talking to him , in order to make it seem that you are not crushing on him , then when you DO talk to him you behave in a friendly manner as if he hadn’t noticed that you avoided talking to him other times .

He KNOWS you have a crush on him and he is actively trying to put an end to that!

Because it’s inappropriate and also managers have to deal with this kind of scenario often.

Please just stop letting this fantasy build up , because it is putting him in an uncomfortable position and that’s why he seems to be about to say something but then doesn’t. You have put him in an awkward situation.

Remove him from it.

Archived