Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Help break my make up addiction.

Seraphim

You and Ems would have a great time together vic and am expensive time together lol

You like watching the makeup vids as well don't you ? Ems can sit and watch them all night . I got her one set for Christmas that nearly caused hysteria because only so many got made and it took her hours to finally get it ( I can't remember who it is now , it was two people )

You and Ems would have a great time together vic and am expensive time together lol

You like watching the makeup vids as well don't you ? Ems can sit and watch them all night . I got her one set fro Christmas that nearly caused hysteria because only so many got made and it took her hours to finally get it ( I can't remember who it is now , it was two people )

Oh ya! I LOVE make up videos. Last year I spent $1200 on make up 😱

And $300 this month and it is only the 8th!

I like watching makeup tutorials too sometimes. I can never get a winged eye down pat!

I find most of the makeup vloggers/bloggers are ridiculously beautiful on purpose and are paid to promote many make-up brands. Oy vey!

Do you like any drug store brands?

I like watching makeup tutorials too sometimes. I can never get a winged eye down pat!

I find most of the makeup vloggers/bloggers are ridiculously beautiful on purpose and are paid to promote many make-up brands. Oy vey!

Do you like any drug store brands?

I am trying to get ahold of some Milani blush and bronzer but it is always sold out.

What do you tell yourself when you see a makeup product in the store or online? Do you tell yourself you "need" this product?

Substitute "need" with "want" in your mind.

Side note, do you feel a kind of rush of excitement when you're at the store or getting out your debit card to make an online purchase?

I know they are totally wants. I think it comes from complicated grief and loss starting from infancy on up. Trying to feel “ worthy” and beautiful and something to be appreciated. Even with therapy about 5 years worth since my teen years there are things I haven’t grieved because I had no idea they were a loss, ya know?

I am not sure I will ever work through everything. And I guess I was spoiled as well. My very young childhood I was dirt poor and then my mom and first step dad spoiled me to make up for many things, but things don’t replace heart break and abuse.

A coping mechanism?

Archived