Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can co-sleeping destroy my marriage?

Here's an article that lists the dangers of bed-sharing but also encourages co-sleeping, meaning the newborn sharing the room with the parents but not the bed:
    [Register to see the link]

Perhaps you can share this with your husband.

PS: My husband and I took turns getting up with the kids when they were very young infants but he always took the earlier shift, meaning any wakeups after midnight were handled by me as the stay at home parent. I could nap while the kids were napping. My husband couldn't nap while at work!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    MANY MANY MANY cultures bed share. It is just western society that doesn’t and feel they are superior. Doesn’t make it so.

Platinum Member
    If you're an alcoholic or obese, that can lead to crushing your baby. But other than that, bed sharing has been done since the dawn of man

I dont think there is any harm in you sleeping with the baby while he sleeps alone. He wants his sleep because he has work the next day and you sleep close to your baby to keep an eye on ur baby.
    Having a baby on a different floor isnt something i would be happy about

In my opinion, babies that small should be co-sleeping. They're still tiny, they can still have issues, it's best if they are in the parents room for the first month at the very least.

I think your husband should be a lot more understanding since this is a part of having a newborn. Sleep is always going to be a bit of a struggle for the first while with a baby this small, that's to be expected.

I think he's being unreasonable. If your child was 2 years old, then yes, he has a point, but 2 weeks old! Geez, he's not even being fair or a good parent in my opinion.

Also, I am assuming you mean co-sleep as in sleeping in the same room. Which is fine. However, sleeping all in the same bed (again in my opinion), is not.

Babies this small shouldn't be sleeping with an adult as it can be dangerous. Adults forget that the baby is next to them and can roll on top of them not meaning to.
    It's better for the baby to be in a bassinet next to the bed.

he can wear ear plugs, and a night mask.
    Great suggestion!

Both my kids slept with us using bed bassinet. The bassinet is a nice protective layer just in case you roll over.

Platinum Member
    I am just curious , are your bassinets what we call a Moses basket I wonder ....( goes off to google it all )

Yes .....I had a look

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My son had one of these and a crib. [Register to see the link]

But 99% of the time he slept with us .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice