LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and noise polution

Anxiety and noise polution

Im not sure which subject this would come under but i guess as its affecting my wellbeing ill put it under this one.

This may not seem like a big deal to some people but to me it is a big deal because its affecting my sleep.

I moved into a flat and i soon found out the neighbour below me has a really loud clicking pull bathroom light. I sleep with ear plugs and have done for years as im a light sleeper but sometimes in the middle of the night i get woken up by it at around 3 to 5am. Its even made me jump before. I suffer from anxiety and sometimes i worry that its going to wake me up and i wont be able to get back to sleep. Ive found thats happened before on a fair few occassions.

It is a silly subject to talk about on here i know but its big enough of a problem that when i have work the next day and im tired from being woken up all the time its not funny.

I have thought about discussing this with the tenant below but i feel i cant ask someone to just not use their light.

I think the tenant is a renter and im thinking of asking them for their landlords number so i can ask the landlord if i can, at my own cost, pay an electrician to fit a quiet pull light. Do you think this is something i could do? If not has anyone got any good ideas on what else i can do. Ear plugs are great help but they dont always stay in my ears
    Also was thinking of sound proofing the floor but this is expensive im not sure i can afford the cost.

Even a sound proof box maybe to place over the light, but as its not in my flat obviously its not my place to fit it.

Its affecting my health abit and sleep too

Thanks

Platinum Member
    I am also a light sleeper. I turn on a fan every night-use a white noise app when I travel-to block all noise. Easy solution.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 01-05-2020 at 05:54 PM.

I can't sleep without a fan for the noise. It really helps.

What about putting a few large rugs down on the floor to absorb the sound?

I agree get a white noise app OR noise canceling headphones that you use on airplanes. They cost a bit but they sure work.

I have 2 rugs in the bedroom that i brought and they make no difference.

I dont have broadband at the moment brcause i cant afford it to run a white noise app all night but im looking for extra work so soon hopefully i can try that

Just looked at noise cancelling headphones, good in theory but i wouldnt be able to sleep in them i tried ear muffs to hold the ear plugs in place and when i went to lay on ny side they soon became redundant

Platinum Member
    Do you have a mobile phone? That is how I use the app when I travel.

Why don't you just turn on a fan. You're making this more difficult than you need to.

Right. A fan would drown out the sound of a the light switch and would soothe you to sleep.

There are also white noise machines that are like an alarm clock. They have them at hotels. Look at Amazon, they sell them from around 50 bucks.

It couldn't hurt to ask. The worst he or she could say is "no."

Try wearing sleep ear muffs on top of your ear plugs and see if this will help.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice