Am I over-reacting to this? Advice sought thanks

Lady D

Dear lovely people, I wondered if I might get some quick advice on here, it's a bit of a strange one but playing on my mind

An elderly lady I know is being cared for by somebody and I found out the other day she was ill with a UTI

Apparently the GP had requested a urine sample twice at the house and the carer did not supply one and the GP was annoyed when they learnt of her UTI, another person had to supply one to them and then she was put on antibiotics

I am very concerned and see this as neglectful, for me I cannot see any excuse for not supplying a sample but perhaps I'm being overly harsh, the lady has a commode so would have been simple

Am I over-reacting about this?

Any advice much appreciated, thank you so much as I'm not sure if my reaction is an overly harsh one

Lady D

Is this woman related to you? Why are you there? Who is telling you all this? Do not use this situation as a faux nursing school exercise. Do you have something against this caretaker? As you know she needs to go to a doctor or clinic if she has a medical problem. Be a nice neighbor, friend, relative and take her to her doctor.

another person had to supply one to them and then she was put on antibiotics

Hi Wiseman2, thanks, she is not related to me but I used to be her relief carer

Another carer reported this back to me and reported other concerns too ( the carer who took the urine sample to the GP )

She is ok now I think, I am not currently seeing her sadly though, as I fell out with the authorities looking after her when my concerns were not listened to and feel these people have hidden agendas, debating whether to persist with all the reporting, Lady D x

Ps. she has had a visit from the doctor now thankfully and hopefully is better

Take this up with the agency you work for. It's still unclear whether you work for this woman's healthcare agency, the doctor or what your involvement is? Were you fired from this agency? Perhaps healthcare is an area you are not well suited for?

I used to be her relief carer. I fell out with the authorities looking after her when my concerns were not listened to

She is a wealthy elderly lady with no family, some solicitors asked me to take care of her financial affairs, I didn't wish to at all and never asked her about her finances but just went round to care for her and check all her care was ok every week or so

I was running around trying to sort out her care, check if she was being cared for etc, the last straw was when I discovered this

I am concerned about her wellbeing

I feel people are circling around her like a flock of vultures ( sorry if this sounds exaggerated but starting to feel like this ) and I don't think her live-in carer is good however my concerns were all disregarded by the solicitors and covered up, I love this lady

It's a pretty depressing situation really, which I have extricated myself from at the moment

x

This seems quite odd. Are you power of attorney? Do you handle her affairs for free? Yes step away from all this. It's not your job to manage her finances or her home health aides. It's also odd that you won't just take her to a doctor if you thought she was having problems. Were you fired from the agency?

some solicitors asked me to take care of her financial affairs. I don't think her live-in carer is good however my concerns were all disregarded by the solicitors and covered up.

Hi Wiseman, no I'm not, never worked for an agency, just them and they actually wanted me to keep running around working for them but it was too disheartening, this lady sharing her concerns with me and nothing was done

The live in carer is back now and has made it plain she is in charge so cannot just rock up and say I'm taking this lady to the GP, it is the live in carers job to provide care x

I

Archived