perfect first date...

ravenrock202

ok, so I've known a woman for 6 years. we've been good friends for over 4 years. three and a half years ago, I had the perfect chance with her, but I blew it before we even went out on a date... so, finally after all this time, I may be getting another chance! she accepted my invitation to go out next weekend! This time I don't want to blow it, I want a night to remember! I'll admit I'm a bit out of practice with first dates. my last relationship was 12 years ago, and have only gone out with someone new a couple times since. so yeah, I'm a bit out of practice. its winter, it's cold out, so that limits activities. plus after googling events in the area that day, I found there really isn't anything going on... we did discuss having dinner at a restaurant, we haven't tried yet. step one.... now what... hellllpppp!!!

How did you "blow it"? Ok keep it simple and just have a meal at the restaurant she suggested. Don't drag it out or go over the top. Ask her out at the end of the date for next weekend. Simple. Text here and there in between the dates. Take it one step at a time.

three and a half years ago, I had the perfect chance with her, but I blew it before we even went out on a date. we did discuss having dinner at a restaurant, we haven't tried yet

so, another question... thisbpast monday he met her and her mom for dinner. the waitress put both her and my meals on the same bill, and I grabbed it and said I got it! then shes like I'll buy next time. so since this will probably be the next time, should I let her buy if she wants to, or grab the bill and say i got it?

so, another question... thisbpast monday he met her and her mom for dinner. the waitress put both her and my meals on the same bill, and I grabbed it and said I got it! then shes like I'll buy next time. so since this will probably be the next time, should I let her buy if she wants to, or grab the bill and say i got it?

Since she said she'll pay the bill next time, let her. I wouldn't grab the bill otherwise you'll be perceived as a nervous nut. Calm down. If she hesitates to pay the bill, graciously offer to pay the bill and take it easy.

Since you asked for advice, my advice would be to treat her with respect, treat her like a lady, possess impeccable manners, be kind and considerate. If I were on a date, this is what I notice about a man. It's all about character, ravenrock202.

Who is "he". Why are you eating dinner with her mother?

typo, started writing something else, then rearranged my messages then didn't proofread.. 🤦

but to answer the question, the day was my birthday, and my work bought me a cake, so I saved her and her little guy a couple pieces, and my mom also made me some brownie cupcakes, which I shared with her, because she is a fan of my mom's baked goods. I had those items, and messaged her asking if she'd be home that night, so I could drop them off, and maybe bring over something to eat. she already had dinner plans with her mom, so she invited me to join them.

You say you have known her six years. Forgive me for asking, but if this were a match.......why has it taken so long to get to a first date?

well, we have hung out several times, mostly in groups, but did have a casual lunch one day a while back. so maybe this wouldn't really be a first date, I guess.

she had been dating someone else, and they were serious enough to buy a house together, but that has ended. Since then we've been talking and she has seemed receptive, so the opportunity is now...

Since she said she'll pay the bill next time, let her. I wouldn't grab the bill otherwise you'll be perceived as a nervous nut. Calm down. If she hesitates to pay the bill, graciously offer to pay the bill and take it easy.

Since you asked for advice, my advice would be to treat her with respect, treat her like a lady, possess impeccable manners, be kind and considerate. If I were on a date, this is what I notice about a man. It's all about character, ravenrock202.

thanks Cherylyn!

Archived