Prayers/ Good thoughts for the people and animals of Australia.

If anyone is in touch with Silverbirch I hope she and her property are ok. 😓

Yes I was thinking if silver as well ...we have seen Carus posting so we know he is ok .

I am glad you posted this vic , my prayers are with every one of them , the people , the animals , everything and everyone around the world . It is almost unbearable to watch the news .

God bless you/them all xxxxxx

Yes I was thinking if silver as well ...we have seen Carus posting so we know he is ok .

I am glad you posted this vic , my prayers are with every one of them , the people , the animals , everything and everyone around the world . It is almost unbearable to watch the news .

God bless you/them all xxxxxx

Bless you Pippy. It IS unbearable to watch. For sure . I might have silver’s email I will have to look.

I live close to the fires. It is going to be 45degC here today (113 deg F), and very strong winds.

A state of emergency has been issued, meaning the govt can close roads, force people to evacuate, take what ever measures needed to keep people safe.

The South Coast is burning, places my children & I visited on holidays often have been destroyed.

Our "Prime Minister"was on an overseas holiday in Hawaii when this became catastrophic. He finally came back to huge backlash, fire victims that have lost everything refusing to shake his hand, all being broadcast on the news.

There is literally no way to stop these fires other than massive rain. This has been forecast for March.

Firies are trying to back burn as much as they can in the cooler days, and then start fighting the fires to protect property when its hot & windy.

The biggest issue is that paid firefighters are in the cities, where as the rural ones are all volunteers. These men & women are fighting fires 24/7. Their own families, employers and businesses are suffering. After much complaining, the govt has finally decided to pay them a lump sum of $6,000 each.

I've seen bush fires, but nothing like this. It is like the apocalypse :icon_sad:

Thanks Pippy!

I'm glad our PM is being roasted overseas as well.

He has even made it into the Urban Dictionary. His name is Scott Morrison, his nick name is Scomo.

So "doing a scomo"means shirking your responsibilities onto others while you scurry away for a holiday!!!

I live close to the fires. It is going to be 45degC here today (113 deg F), and very strong winds.

A state of emergency has been issued, meaning the govt can close roads, force people to evacuate, take what ever measures needed to keep people safe.

The South Coast is burning, places my children & I visited on holidays often have been destroyed.

Our "Prime Minister"was on an overseas holiday in Hawaii when this became catastrophic. He finally came back to huge backlash, fire victims that have lost everything refusing to shake his hand, all being broadcast on the news.

There is literally no way to stop these fires other than massive rain. This has been forecast for March.

Firies are trying to back burn as much as they can in the cooler days, and then start fighting the fires to protect property when its hot & windy.

The biggest issue is that paid firefighters are in the cities, where as the rural ones are all volunteers. These men & women are fighting fires 24/7. Their own families, employers and businesses are suffering. After much complaining, the govt has finally decided to pay them a lump sum of $6,000 each.

I've seen bush fires, but nothing like this. It is like the apocalypse :icon_sad:

I am so sorry sweetheart. :(

Saw some videos of it with animals running for their lives and it aches my heart too! The threat of climate change is real :,(

Unfortunately, while many of these fires come from natural causes (including lightning strikes in dry electrical storms), the sad truth is that many are deliberately lit.

There are at least two persons awaiting trial who were arrested here in October/November.

Proportion of deliberate bushfires in Australia

The Australian Institute of Criminology found that,”on average across the country, approximately 13 percent of vegetation fires are recorded as being deliberate and another 37 percent as suspicious. That is, for all vegetation fires for which there is a cause recorded, 50 percent may be lit deliberately.”

https://aic.gov.au/publications/bfab/bfab051

Carus posting so we know he is ok

Thankyou both for the kind thoughts. What wonderful empathic people you are

Thankfully yes I’m ok at the moment. The only problem here at the moment is a small drought..in the tropics during what’s supposed to be wet season...!

My main concern (although I try not to think about it) is the volcano and earthquakes...

The planet is not happy that’s for sure.

These fires are definitely some of the worst we’ve seen. I’m praying daily that things will subside soon*

The firefighters have also copped a bit of flak here and there but I understand. People are afraid and get angry and have to direct that somewhere...even at the very people who are doing their best I’m sure*

Stages of grief for sure.....

Carus*

Thankyou both for the kind thoughts. What wonderful empathic people you are

Thankfully yes I’m ok at the moment. The only problem here at the moment is a small drought..in the tropics during what’s supposed to be wet season...!

My main concern (although I try not to think about it) is the volcano and earthquakes...

The planet is not happy that’s for sure.

These fires are definitely some of the worst we’ve seen. I’m praying daily that things will subside soon*

The firefighters have also copped a bit of flak here and there but I understand. People are afraid and get angry and have to direct that somewhere...even at the very people who are doing their best I’m sure*

Stages of grief for sure.....

Carus*

Glad you are safe too!

Thanks Pippy!

I'm glad our PM is being roasted overseas as well.

He has even made it into the Urban Dictionary. His name is Scott Morrison, his nick name is Scomo.

So "doing a scomo"means shirking your responsibilities onto others while you scurry away for a holiday!!!

We have bushfires every summer. These ones are the worst since at least the '80s (possibly the 70's), to be sure, but its not exactly novel.

The PM traditionally takes a 2 week break at Xmas/new year, because its the 'down time' politically - the appropriate time for it.

The personalised reaction against him is understandable, coming from people who are suffering anxiety/grief reactions and lashing out.

But what exactly was the responsibility he shirked?

And who are these "others" you speak of? The heads of the fire and emergency services are supposed to be in control of the response, not the PM.

Thankyou all of our Australian friends for posting xx we are miles apart but my goodness ...you are in the worlds' thoughts believe me . I have seen things on twitter I will never be able to unsee , but what the world needs to see .

Vic she wont see it as intruding , we have known silver a long time and she will just be touched you care .... tell her I made you do it :friendly_wink:

We have bushfires every summer. These ones are the worst since at least the '80s (possibly the 70's), to be sure, but its not exactly novel.

The PM traditionally takes a 2 week break at Xmas/new year, because its the 'down time' politically - the appropriate time for it.

The personalised reaction against him is understandable, coming from people who are suffering anxiety/grief reactions and lashing out.

But what exactly was the responsibility he shirked?

And who are these "others" you speak of? The heads of the fire and emergency services are supposed to be in control of the response, not the PM.

I am not going to have a political discussion with you. I have my opinions & you have yours.

Once he realised the catastrophic extent of the fires he should have cut his holiday short & come home.

Archived