Work

Kcrimsonk

So I am an 18 year old guy and there is this 20 year old chick at my workplace thats real cool and just being around her makes me smile. I never done this before but I would really like to get to know her better, so I asked her out, and she used the age excuse. Should I have waited? Or what did I do wrong? First time I've felt like this and I would really like to get closer to her.

It's fine to have crushes but do not ask coworkers out. Leave her alone and read your workplace sexual harassment policy. Date other girls. Go to work to work. It's not a dating app or singles club.

So I am an 18 year old guy and there is this 20 year old chick at my workplace thats real cool and just being around her makes me smile.

You are approximately the same age so this is not really an age gap problem. Chances are that she is just not that into and/or she doesn't want to mix business with pleasure. Most people think that romance in the workplace is a bad idea and they are right.

Guys usually take longer to mature than women, and especially at the ages you and she are at, those differences can be huge. Take what she says at face value. You took a risk and it didn't pan out. Now you can start devoting your attention elsewhere, and as the others have said, it's better to look outside of the workplace, as most new relationships don't work out for the longterm, and that's especially the case at your young age. You don't want to end up with the awkwardness of seeing an ex every day at work. Also, I'm married and wouldn't want to work with my husband. It's nice to miss each other during the day when apart. Too much togetherness is boring, amongst other negatives, IMO.

I agree with others, women mature faster than men. However, age is not always an excuse to decline. She most likely is simply not interested in you and doesn't wish to date guys whom she works with. She prefers to keep her dating life completely separate from her work life.

It didn't matter whether or not you waited. You did nothing wrong.

Don't take it personally. Move on and ask a non-coworker lady out in the future. Good luck! You will be ok!

Archived