liking pictures

aliceg

So i noticed that my boyfriend liked 2 photos on this girls profile which were days apart. Then I saw that he doesn't even follow her. I would be fine if he followed her and her pictures came up on his feed, but him not following her means that he is purposefully looking her up? Is that a bit weird or am I overreacting?

What is weird is that you are monitoring your boyfriend's internet activities as if you are a russian spy in the cold war era. If you don't trust him, then there is no point in dating him in the first place. No trust=no relationship. Stalking him like that is a poor use of your time and energy and it makes you appear like you have no life. Most quality partners would find such behaviour a major turn off. If you can't trust him you shouldn't be with him. Seriously.

I tell ya ....born in the 60's , having my teenage years in the 80's and living a life before the internet , is a blessing some of you will never know .... if we wanted to stalk someone we had to walk past their house 57 times to have any impact and go to a public phonebox and make hoax calls !

So based on just what you have said ..he obviously does like this girl ...but I can't sit and make any assumption really on how or why or if or but or what he will do .

You don’t just notice someone’s likes, it isn’t something that would just show up on your feed.

You searched through his likes, possibly to soothe your anxiety.

Unfortunately you went looking for trouble and you found it, now you don’t know what to do with the info.

You aren’t overreacting, you haven’t actually done anything, again you looked for trouble and found it... did you not think what you would do had you found something in your quest cause again you didn’t happen upon this info you searched for it.

I tell ya ....born n the 60's , having my teenage years in the 80's and living a life before the internet , is a blessing some of you will never know .... if we wanted to stalk someone we had to walk past their house 57 times to have any impact and go to a public phonebox and make hoax calls !

So based on just what you have said ..he obviously does like this girl ...but I can't sit and make any assumption really on how or why or if or but or what he will do .

Shhhh Grandma Baggystockings, don't confuse the youngsters with this 'time before the internet' thing. :p Let them keep thinking the internet has been here forever.

But in saying that, it is true, he does probably like this other girl, two entire likes on social media defintely means cheating [sarcasm]. I from time to time like a pic of one or two particular girls on the interwebs. But this does not mean I am humping their legs or trying deperately to get into their virtual pants. Yes, I think they are pretty, but that is all.

Let it go and deal with your own insecurities before you start dating as this kind of behaviour is far worse than him clicking like on a pic or two.

Shhhh Grandma Baggystockings, don't confuse the youngsters with this 'time before the internet' thing. :p

But in saying that, it is true, he does probably like this other girl, two entire likes on social media defintely means cheating [sarcasm]. I from time to time like a pic of one or two particular girls on the interwebs. But this does not mean I am humping their legs or trying deperately to get into their virtual pants. Yes, I think they are pretty, but that is all.

Let it go and deal with your own insecurities before you start dating as this kind of behaviour is far worse than him clicking like on a pic or two.

oh loooooooooooooool absolute class :friendly_wink:

What is weird is that you are monitoring your boyfriend's internet activities as if you are a russian spy in the cold war era. If you don't trust him, then there is no point in dating him in the first place. No trust=no relationship. Stalking him like that is a poor use of your time and energy and it makes you appear like you have no life. Most quality partners would find such behaviour a major turn off. If you can't trust him you shouldn't be with him. Seriously.

I agree.....

I'll go against the grain here. Husbands and boyfriends, guard your eyes because your wife or girlfriend will appreciate it. This means trust is whenever you're NOT looking over a person's shoulder. Honorable character is when your boyfriend behaves with integrity without witnesses or when you're not watching him.

No, you're not overreacting. Either accept your boyfriend the way he is habits and all or get a new boyfriend who has class even when no one is looking at him.

His sincere devotion and loyalty should be on you always. If not, this is a problem. He will not change for you. If you don't like it, you need to change your life by choosing a man who doesn't ogle and leer at other women whether in public or on the Internet.

The choice is yours. Either learn to ignore your boyfriend's roving eye and tolerate him the way he is or get a new boyfriend who has integrity and class.

So i noticed that my boyfriend liked 2 photos on this girls profile which were days apart. Then I saw that he doesn't even follow her. I would be fine if he followed her and her pictures came up on his feed, but him not following her means that he is purposefully looking her up? Is that a bit weird or am I overreacting?

This would bother me, too, OP, aliceg.

I don't purposely and deliberately look up men's pics whether on social media or the Internet. My husband and I have an unspoken integrity code and know how to behave honorably even when we're apart. It says a lot about one's character and it shows respect towards a spouse, partner or whomever you're in a relationship with.

It's not just about trust. It's about love and respect even when no one is looking over his shoulder and even when you're not with him.

Also, you need to pick your battles. You need to ask yourself if this is worth causing an argument and possible breakup? Or, remain silent, learn to bite your tongue and look the other way while accepting your boyfriend's foibles.

Accept your boyfriend as is because he's certainly not going to change his ways for you. Or, choose a new boyfriend who knows how to treat you with sincere, utmost respect even when you're not with him.

Try yoga or meditation whenever you feel like checking up on his online profiles,likes,shares etc, helps to get off the digital world and connect with yourself.

I just came back from trekking, there was no mobile signals , only nature clouds felt different.

Try that for a change

Archived