LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: How should I feel about this?

Gold Member
    There she goes again: calling the shots.

As you you already said, "One of the things I liked most about her was that she seemed to be a good communicator, but looking back on it, that's always been on her terms." Here is your answer. I know it hurts to end this one-sided relationship, but do you really want to be treated this way? Deep down, I don't think you do, but only you can answer that. IMHO, you need someone who is truly caring and has respect for you, not someone who uses you if, and when, it's convenient for her. She is self-centered and disrespectful. That's not genuine love.

What about meeting for a face-to-face to hash things out? This way you can make a decision based not on texts or next year's forecasts but what both of your expectations are. If it doesn't suit you or she won't meet or clearly discuss things you can end things cleanly. No doubts.
    Originally Posted by Stdavid
    On an emotional level, yes I do. On a practical level, I don't want to get hurt again.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Stdavid
    That's a tough question. On an emotional level, yes I do. On a practical level, I don't want to get hurt again. I get that we might be able to continue a relationship but what happens next Christmas? She's done it once, why not again?

You know what you need to do OP

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by ninjabib
    You know what you need to do OP
    Yes, he does know, but is unable or unwilling to do so, despite our feedback. Based on what OP wrote, he doesn't seem to see the situation on an objective level, as we see it. What can I say?

Originally Posted by goddess
    Yes, he does know, but is unable or unwilling to do so, despite our feedback. Based on what OP wrote, he doesn't seem to see the situation on an objective level, as we see it. What can I say?
    I'm sorry, yes. I do get what your saying and objectively I know you're right - if I saw anyone in my situation I'd be posting what you all have. I have to bite the bullet on this one and that's not easy. But I do know that if I don't act on this advice then at some point in the further I'll just end up with the same problem.

Thank you all for your input and advice. It's been very helpful in a very difficult time.

Gold Member
    It's never easy but it's always for the best. You will be fine even though it sucks right now.

Gold Member
    I wish you all the best in this situation, and I hope you find peace and happiness, Stdavid.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice