Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl has depression and dumped me?

My ex suffers from this level of depression and anxiety. We are resetting or whatever with regular dates and conversations, I have a big thread about it on here in getting back together, and the honesty thing would be a deal breaker for me.

It takes a lot to be around people sometimes when they’ve altered the relationship and when they’re psychologically incapable of putting in as much effort as you to warm a relationship/connection/whatever. But to lie and conceal is an outright respect indicator in my opinion, and I think you did a good job uncovering this for your own sense of inner peace.

Originally Posted by No1
    Okay, Be honest. If she came around and said she wanted to be back with you. She wouldn't have to put in any effort. You would take her back instantly because that would make you happy.
    This is why you feel the way you do.
    You have a golden opportunity to start fresh with someone else. You have decided to have drama in your life. This is not that complicated to figure out. Good luck and remember...this is what you wanted.
    I haven’t spoke with her since I brought it up in my last post. If she were to message me it would probably be because she’s lonely and bored. And that wouldn’t mean we’re getting back together. If she wanted to get back together 100% she’d have to put a good effort in. I just don’t see it happening and I’m well on my way to being over her. Not super concerned about it.

Originally Posted by MrWindupBird
    My ex suffers from this level of depression and anxiety. We are resetting or whatever with regular dates and conversations, I have a big thread about it on here in getting back together, and the honesty thing would be a deal breaker for me.

It takes a lot to be around people sometimes when they’ve altered the relationship and when they’re psychologically incapable of putting in as much effort as you to warm a relationship/connection/whatever. But to lie and conceal is an outright respect indicator in my opinion, and I think you did a good job uncovering this for your own sense of inner peace.
    Yeah the honesty thing is definitely a huge red flag. Also not a fan of how she tries to make everything to be my fault even though it’s something that she’s doing. It does come across as being quite manipulative. I don’t want to be naive and assume she won’t message me again but I kinda hope she doesn’t lol.

Do you think she's depressed or interested in someone else? Which seems more likely to you?
    Originally Posted by Rawksteddy
    If she wanted to get back together 100% she’d have to put a good effort in.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Do you think she's depressed or interested in someone else? Which seems more likely to you?
    I believe that she’s depressed. And there are red flags that she was interested in someone else but no definitive proof. But she definitely lied to me.

Yeah you know what. After giving it some more thought. I think that I’m done period. Even though I liked her and what-not. I’m thinking about the stress that she had caused me and the combination of that with the lies. Completely self-absorbed individual. I can do better for myself. Integrity is one of my primary qualifying factors when looking at dating someone. This girl seemed honest but my gut was telling me something else. Then I uncovered a lie that destroyed her credibility. It doesn’t add up. It doesn’t make sense. Upon further reflection, she seemed quite controlling. And I felt like I was walking on egg shells given how easily offended she would become about anything. On top of that made everything my fault. That’s a manipulative cocktail right there.

Checked her Facebook today. After 12 days nc. And found that I was 100% right about everything. So lesson from this to trust the intuition in the future and not make the same mistakes again.

What did you find? Is she with someone new?
    Checked her Facebook today. After 12 days nc. And found that I was 100% right about everything.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What did you find? Is she with someone new?
    Yes. She was with someone else. They dated for a couple weeks then she dumped him. Then she started messaging apologizing and saying that she misses me. Probably be kinda hard to trust her again even though she does seem to be acting different.

Why not take her out of the equation if you think she's a liar and cheater? It may be time to delete and block her and all her people from your messaging apps and social media. This way you can reflect and start dating women you can trust.
    Yes. She was with someone else. They dated for a couple weeks then she dumped him. Then she started messaging apologizing and saying that she misses me. Probably be kinda hard to trust her again even though she does seem to be acting different.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice