Getting back together

jcorb

A little background history, me and my ex girlfriend have split up and got back together before. We went out for another year after being apart for 3 months. A year after being back together she got drunk and kissed another guy, of which I ended the relationship. She called me 3 months later in tears saying sorry and recognising the mistake, for the past 7 months we have been speaking and partaking in intercourse but nothing more. Since, she has left to go back to Australia on holiday, 2 weeks into this holiday she has phoned again crying asking if we can talk about getting back together when she comes back, I accepted discussion but have not made a decision on what to do yet. for the past 7 months we have both agreed not to sleep with other people out of respect for each other, however I still do not trust her and feel she will disrespect the agreement while away. If she does like I presume she will, is there any point in even discussing a relationship as she can’t even honour an agreement? Or is this agreement just a farcical thing where we both can’t expect each other to be committed if we’re not in a relationship? Any help would be much appreciated

It sounds like you are fwb or just hookup now and then. If that's what you want fine, but make it clear that that's all it is. If you want to date someone exclusively get this one out of your life for good. Why waste your time on on/of "relationships" when this is just random intercourse? Make sure you get tested for STDs and use condoms if you want this type of arrangement.

If a girl broke up with me every time I kiss someone else, I'd be a platinum member here. I guess it must have been some kind of kiss.

Anyway, she clearly wants to be with you if she tolerated to put up with the situation for this long. But you shouldn't be with someone you don't trust.

The issue here is broke trust. It's something that she will have to gain back, and you to be open to give. Dont know the reasons behind breaking off in the past, but you should talk about it and work on it. Or dont and end up exactly where you were... You two need to have a lot of open and honest conversations before making a decision to get back together again.

Archived