doing the best i can to move on/depression

thatdevilsblue

So I am doing the best I can to move on from the fact that my friend, who i have feelings for and who i've expressed my feelings to(though it didn't scare her away or ruin our friendship, she never told me how she felt) met another guy last month and his been with him since and its become more serious. I don't really talk to her a whole lot since she met him, shes reached out a few times, and the only time i really reached out myself was to simply wish her Merry Christmas the other day. It still hurts and I miss her and miss talking to her, but i'm doing my best to move past her being in this relationship and finding someone else. I've been depressed this past month and it sucks, feeling like maybe i wasn't enough to or for her, even with her knowing my feelings...she could tell me how terrible she feels about it all she wants, its not like thats changed anything...i just hope someday soon I can meet someone new, amazing and will choose to be with me, love me and with whom we can make each other happy...i'm so sick and tired of not being happy in my life, of getting the short end of the stick when it comes to love, even when i express it to the one i do love...i just want someone who will love me in return the way i love them, again...

Of course, you will meet the one who will love you, everything is ahead! Now the best medicine is a new hobby, project, work. Any activity that takes your mind. Who knows, maybe this is where you will find your woman. Friendship by interests often develops into a strong love.

I'm sorry you are going through this. It does hurt. I know.

It is good that you can see some hope in the future, yes you will have someone someday. It's good to grieve for a little while too. You're hurting and understandably. But, when you're ready, just ease into the things that will help take your attention away from this. Things that are fun and interesting to you.

It's probably good to really take your time getting involved with anyone, you don't want to lure an innocent person into healing your heartache and not really seeing them for who they are. Which is what a rebound usually is.

Just take your time, you'll be ok.

Sorry this hurts. She was a good friend and coworker. Try to distance yourself and make more friends and start dating. This situation prevented you from finding a gf because you had unspoken hope.

It still hurts and I miss her and miss talking to her, but i'm doing my best to move past her being in this relationship and finding someone else.
Sorry this hurts. She was a good friend and coworker. Try to distance yourself and make more friends and start dating. This situation prevented you from finding a gf because you had unspoken hope.

Thanks, i'm doing the best i can...Our friendship hasn't ended, I just don't communicate a whole let with her now that shes with this guy which sucks because i miss her and miss talking to her regularly like we usually do...i love her, but communication is just something i've decided to cut back on with her on my end right now...

• 1 month later...

she messaged me a few nights ago for the first time since wishing me happy new years last month, asking how I was doing...I read it but didn't have the desire to respond right back to her right away, and also I was in the middle of conversation at work with a coworker and in the middle of something. I responded back with a simple "i'm alright and you?" a few hours later and she replied the next day, saying that she was doing great now that she left her crappy job she was at for a much better one....I told her that was cool/good and just left it at that....there isn't much more for me to see to her since shes been with this guy the past few months, which is why I don't really initiate contact myself with her since then...

Archived