Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

View Poll Results: What to do with Christmas Money?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bracelet

1 20.00%
  • New cell phone

4 80.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Christmas money?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Much better than more and more clutter. Enjoy life. More new gizmos and trinkets is something that only brings momentary interest.
    Truth is though I have work to do on weekends. I have to clean and sanitize all the toys and my house for the children. I have to do all the grocery shopping for the day care. On Sundays I have choir practice and then Mass. Then it is eat and get ready for bed to start the week at 5:30 AM Monday mornings. After 1 January I donít have any extensive holidays till July.

I've always just bought flagship phones that are ~2 generations old, ideally refurbed and warrantied. I'm the furthest thing from new-tech averse, but that's about as new as I need a phone to be. Then pre-pay monthly for SMS, calling, and a gig or two of data. Never a contract. Got Skype for international. Pricing in a "new" phone every couple years, everything telecommunications-related would come down to like $35/person per month. For us, it's one of the easier things to save on without sacrificing much-- if any-- quality of life.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by j.man
    I've always just bought flagship phones that are ~2 generations old, ideally refurbed and warrantied. I'm the furthest thing from new-tech averse, but that's about as new as I need a phone to be. Then pre-pay monthly for SMS, calling, and a gig or two of data. Never a contract. Got Skype for international. Pricing in a "new" phone every couple years, everything telecommunications-related would come down to like $35/person per month. For us, it's one of the easier things to save on without sacrificing much-- if any-- quality of life.
    I wish Canada had that pricing. I carry my son on my plan too and he is a streaming hog. He pays his portion but still.... my plan for my phone and his phone and my watch is $295 a month with 14 gigs.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I wish Canada had that pricing. I carry my son on my plan too and he is a streaming hog. He pays his portion but still.... my plan for my phone and his phone and my watch is $295 a month with 14 gigs.
    What about telling your son he needs to use home wifi on a tablet to steam and cut your phone plan? OR set him up on his own?

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    What about telling your son he needs to use home wifi on a tablet to steam and cut your phone plan? OR set him up on his own?
    He does stream at home on Wifi 95% of the time but when out he has headphones in streaming to avoid sensory input.

He does stream at home on Wifi 95% of the time but when out he has headphones in streaming to avoid sensory input.
    Get him to download something onto his phone before he goes out and then you won't have to pay data overages. Many streaming services have an option to download.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Get him to download something onto his phone before he goes out and then you won't have to pay data overages. Many streaming services have an option to download.
    He has no memory left on his phone.

Silver Member
    I voted for a bracelet as, in the future, you can generally resell silver / gold jewellery or you can pass it on to someone else who will treasure it. Glad to read you went for the jewellery.

He has no memory left on his phone.
    Then buy him a new phone with the money. lol (kiddin)

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Then buy him a new phone with the money. lol (kiddin)
    Lol. He has been able to upgrade for over a year but wonít .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice