Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What to do with Christmas money?

Seraphim

What to do with Christmas Money?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Christmas Money?

I don't know. I'm not a fan of phones or bracelets. Both of them get in the way and slide off or slide out.

Is it a type of bracelet that can stay on through showers, when you're sleeping, while you're enjoying your hobbies, outdoors or doing other things you love to do? I think you work with young children. Can it stay on during your work?

I don't know. I'm not a fan of phones or bracelets. Both of them get in the way and slide off or slide out.

Is it a type of bracelet that can stay on through showers, when you're sleeping, while you're enjoying your hobbies, outdoors or doing other things you love to do? I think you work with young children. Can it stay on during your work?

Jewelry is hard with the kids because the 3 year old girls want to wear it all the time. But I won’t always be doing this. 😜 about 7 more years and I am done working.

How much is it?

If your phone is on your last legs - i would get one and consider it at least partially a business expense if you rely on it for your daycare --- and save the Christmas money and add it to the next Christmas money to buy something really special.

I write off 20% of my phone as business expense which is good. And if I upgrade now I can save $50 a month on my bill which is already $300 a month ( welcome to Canada lol)

The bracelet is only a few hundred as it is on sale right now and goes with the ring I got for Christmas. The Christmas money is from my MIL.

I write off 20% of my phone as business expense which is good. And if I upgrade now I can save $50 a month on my bill which is already $300 a month ( welcome to Canada lol)

The bracelet is only a few hundred as it is on sale right now and goes with the ring I got for Christmas. The Christmas money is from my MIL.

Get the phone and put the $50 per month that you save on the bill away until you can buy the bracelet and the rest put into savings. Or buy both and then reimburse the general fund with that $50 a month until you paid yourself back for the bracelet.

Much better than more and more clutter. Enjoy life. More new gizmos and trinkets is something that only brings momentary interest.

Truth is though I have work to do on weekends. I have to clean and sanitize all the toys and my house for the children. I have to do all the grocery shopping for the day care. On Sundays I have choir practice and then Mass. Then it is eat and get ready for bed to start the week at 5:30 AM Monday mornings. After 1 January I don’t have any extensive holidays till July.

I've always just bought flagship phones that are ~2 generations old, ideally refurbed and warrantied. I'm the furthest thing from new-tech averse, but that's about as new as I need a phone to be. Then pre-pay monthly for SMS, calling, and a gig or two of data. Never a contract. Got Skype for international. Pricing in a "new" phone every couple years, everything telecommunications-related would come down to like $35/person per month. For us, it's one of the easier things to save on without sacrificing much-- if any-- quality of life.

I've always just bought flagship phones that are ~2 generations old, ideally refurbed and warrantied. I'm the furthest thing from new-tech averse, but that's about as new as I need a phone to be. Then pre-pay monthly for SMS, calling, and a gig or two of data. Never a contract. Got Skype for international. Pricing in a "new" phone every couple years, everything telecommunications-related would come down to like $35/person per month. For us, it's one of the easier things to save on without sacrificing much-- if any-- quality of life.

I wish Canada had that pricing. I carry my son on my plan too and he is a streaming hog. He pays his portion but still.... my plan for my phone and his phone and my watch is $295 a month with 14 gigs.

I wish Canada had that pricing. I carry my son on my plan too and he is a streaming hog. He pays his portion but still.... my plan for my phone and his phone and my watch is $295 a month with 14 gigs.

What about telling your son he needs to use home wifi on a tablet to steam and cut your phone plan? OR set him up on his own?

Archived