Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Hmm. He spent a MONTH doing all these hints/jokes/mentions of marriage, etc

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by texasgurl
    yeah he def wants marriage, too. I think just more in the future for us! which is fine for me.

we agreed to work on our communication =)
    If you already have a kid, why not solidify your family for the kid sooner than later?

I think its not in his budget right now to be honest.

Do you want to be legally married for the sake of being a family unit or do you want a ring to impress your friends?

Platinum Member
    HIS budget? When your are married, that budget is yours, too.

Why are you not contributing? I think its important for you to be there for your kid and THAT is contributing, but surely, he could take care of the kid on saturday and a couple nights a week while you had a part time job to pay for it? Weddings can be inexpensive if you don't have a $10K dress and 200 guests. Even a church wedding, as long as there is no big catered event attached can be very economical.

Platinum Member
    Do you think or do you know? If you want to marry this man, find out how much a wedding will cost and both save together.

Platinum Member
    We spent $1,500 or less total on our amazing wedding including my dress and shoes, 10 guests for lunch, the officiant fee.

They are not married. And as long as she is shoving diamonds, cakes, dresses and parties down his throat why should he bother? Marriage is a legal contract. he is already acting like a stand up guy supporting her and her kids and all she's doing is whining about proposals and rings like a princess?

tex, if you want to be taken seriously act seriously. If you want to act like a social media page or reality show...carry on with planning parties..
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    When your are married

Platinum Member
    Marriage gives a lot of extra protection and isn't just a legal contract to many people. It wasn't to me and my husband, not in the least -the legality is one part and only one. My friend had a baby with her boyfriend, they lived together, didn't marry, he cheated on her and got in all sorts of financial difficulty with his business and about a month ago died suddenly. And because they weren't married she is going through so much more hassle than if they had been. Her son gets the estate and all but he is a minor so it falls on her and she has no rights to his property to even look at it/get at it which would have been much easier had they been married. She was about to leave him anyway but she hadn't, they were still cohabiting and he was an involved dad.

I don't even know how to respond to people who think they know what they're talking about?

I don't shove anything wedding related down his throat at all. I don't find that attractive. We mutually talk about wedding stuff. I have no idea who you think I am but I can assure you its not the picture you painted in your head. I obviously got way into my own head over this! It doesn't need to be RIGHT now. i would never pressure or give a man an ultimatum. We've both made it very clear that we want to spend our lives together. Our rental right now is in both names, there's protection there also. I am not with some awful guy who would dip out, and if for some reason he did we've already made plans to get my career started with his support.

No I don't need a ring to impress my friends? I could care less how much he spent on it. I want to be married as a family unit. I am lucky to be with a good guy, and I plan on going back to work once our baby is 1. He offered me to stay home and did not force me to work. We've already agreed on me going back to work when our child is age 1.

I could explain more on and on. It doesn't make sense with OUR budget right now. we have some things to take care of together [debts, student loans etc] nothing major, but just a smart move to do so before.

To think i'd shove diamond rings and etc down his throat? You're talking to a girl who wears $5 earrings from Walmart. I'm far from a princess!

Platinum Member
    I don't even know how to respond to people who think they know what they're talking about?

I don't shove anything wedding related down his throat at all. I don't find that attractive. We mutually talk about wedding stuff. I have no idea who you think I am but I can assure you its not the picture you painted in your head. I obviously got way into my own head over this! It doesn't need to be RIGHT now. i would never pressure or give a man an ultimatum. We've both made it very clear that we want to spend our lives together. Our rental right now is in both names, there's protection there also. I am not with some awful guy who would dip out, and if for some reason he did we've already made plans to get my career started with his support.

No I don't need a ring to impress my friends? I could care less how much he spent on it. I want to be married as a family unit. I am lucky to be with a good guy, and I plan on going back to work once our baby is 1. He offered me to stay home and did not force me to work. We've already agreed on me going back to work when our child is age 1.

I could explain more on and on. It doesn't make sense with OUR budget right now. we have some things to take care of together [debts, student loans etc] nothing major, but just a smart move to do so before.

To think i'd shove diamond rings and etc down his throat? You're talking to a girl who wears $5 earrings from Walmart. I'm far from a princess!
    I guess what we are picking up on is the "will he or won't he propose?" You are way beyond that step. You should just plan to get married instead of waiting him to "pop the question:"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Give Advice
Ask For Advice