Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmm. He spent a MONTH doing all these hints/jokes/mentions of marriage, etc

They are not hints, they are jokes. Why wouldn't you have married years ago if it's what he wanted? How important is this to you if you are already living as a family? Have you called him out on it? Why not stand up for yourself and tell him marriage is not a joke for you.

Do you need an engagement ring? You seem focused on this as if watching too many Christmas tv ads. Why isn't your focus the real issue of the legalities of marriage and how to bring up your child? For example, legally you are nothing more than a live-in gf, not even his next of kin. Do you want that status or romance novel proposal/ring scenarios?
    Originally Posted by texasgurl
    I haven't told him the hints aren't funny. I don't think he does them to taunt me.

oh my godddddd we were just talking today and he was letting me know how for Christmas he was trying to find me the ring I lost!! it all makes sense now.

that's WHY he asked my ring size, OMG.

not even worth talking about it now? EH holy motherrrrrrrr fudger I feel DUMB AS HECK

oh my godddddd we were just talking today and he was letting me know how for Christmas he was trying to find me the ring I lost!! it all makes sense now.

that's WHY he asked my ring size, OMG.

not even worth talking about it now? EH holy motherrrrrrrr fudger I feel DUMB AS HECK
    is it just me, or can I poke some holes in this?

Replacing a ring you had? What does that have to do with a marriage proposal he was hinting about?
    He couldn't have figured out your ring size by checking another ring or buying it and resizing it another day. . and Christmas was yesterday so we can assume he got you a different gift instead?

Yeah he didnít get the ring.

Told me it was $60 and he didnít think it was worth it

:( so thatís what he mustíve been trying to get but then Iím guessing since didnít know my size and he wasnít sold on the ring he moved on from that idea.

Soooo..I mean idk how to feel now

Has to do with it because thatís the reason he asked my ring size obviously

Originally Posted by reinventmyself

Replacing a ring you had? What does that have to do with a marriage proposal he was hinting about?
    He couldn't have figured out your ring size by checking another ring or buying it and resizing it another day. . and Christmas was yesterday so we can assume he got you a different gift instead?
    So now I am convinced 100 no way he is proposing ANYTIME soon. He only wanted to get me a gift ring

Has to do with it because thatís the reason he asked my ring size obviously
    ring size to replace an old ring is separate from hinting about marriage proposals, right?
    You accounted for several mixed signals and comments from him that doesn't support the replacement ring theory.
    But if you are cool with it, that's what matters.

ring size to replace an old ring is separate from hinting about marriage proposals, right?
    You accounted for several mixed signals and comments from him that doesn't support the replacement ring theory.
    But if you are cool with it, that's what matters.
    Idk Iím kinda upset. I guess at myself. I thought the marriage hints were a hint and sign...

And him asking ring size made me think that sealed the deal 💯

Am I still allowed to feel disappointed? Idk

Idk Iím kinda upset. I guess at myself. I thought the marriage hints were a hint and sign...

And him asking ring size made me think that sealed the deal 💯

Am I still allowed to feel disappointed? Idk
    I'm not there and I'm can only go by what you've shared, but if he knows how much you would want a marriage proposal and in your own words `hinted over 20 times' about what you now are led to believe was just to replace an old ring. . .that he didn't end up buying after all?

I don't know. I just throw my hands up with this one.

I still think he's messing with you. But I'm not there and you get to live with him.

I'm not there and I'm can only go by what you've shared, but if he knows how much you would want a marriage proposal and in your own words `hinted over 20 times' about what you now are led to believe was just to replace an old ring. . .that he didn't end up buying after all?

I don't know. I just throw my hands up with this one.

I still think he's messing with you. But I'm not there and you get to live with him.
    Idk what to think? Hes been SO lovey, very attentive, great boyfriend, dad etc.

But the jokes and comments are so old. as of now im officially OVER them and I don't think they are cute. So if he does it again im telling him to knock it off.

I don't even know what to think and I live with him? IDK. you think hes bull crapping me?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice