My husband too in selfish in the bedroom

Toni Coffman

Since it wouldn’t allow me to reply to Bipolarqueen..... I just really wanted to touch on this subject with you because I’m in the same exact boat. I mean literally it was almost as if it were me writing it... I’ve too tried talking to my husband about it & he says the same thing “he’ll try” or give me stupid reasons. I personally love to kiss & do you know that this man will not even kiss me unless he has just brushed his teeth. Mind you we’ve been married 15 yrs. I’ve just never experienced being with someone so inconsiderate when it comes to sex/lovemaking. The thing that bothers me the most is I know for 100% fact that he knows how to please me but it hurts my feelings that he doesn’t care too and on that same note people always say what is talk to him about it I feel like I shouldn’t have to talk to him about it he should automatically know that of course i’m going to want pleased in the bed just as well as he is you know what I mean? I don’t know I just don’t feel like I should have to tell my husband I feel he should want to make me happy. Now on his behalf I will say this he is on a drug that extremely lowers your libido oh because I forgot to mention the fact that for the past year ever since he started this medicine we maybe have sex once a month keyword maybe... but anyway I’m with you girl if you want to talk more about it I’m new to this whole app I’m sure there’s probably a way that we could discuss one on one I just haven’t figured out how yet if there even is a way but I would love to talk about it more because I know it isn’t me I’m not conceited by any means but I’m pretty confident. So it just leaves the question what is the problem???

Ok you need to go to marriage therapy to discuss his sex drive, medications and the effects on your intimacy. He needs a place where he can voice his concerns as much as you do.

Do that with the guidance of a professional who could steer you in a better direction. Also ask him to discuss medication side effects with his doctor. Make sure the rest of your marriage is ok. Often sexual issues reflect general marital conflict. Another reason to go to a marriage therapist.

we’ve been married 15 yrs.

he is on a drug that extremely lowers your libido

for the past year ever since he started this medicine

Is your husband having affairs or dealing with ED and health problems? Talk to a therapist not a banned forum member.

I’m sorry but I signed up for this app for advice, opinions,& to vent. I don’t need a therapist but thank you [emoji108] no my husband is never anywhere without me do Ik it’s not other women besides that he absolutely worships me but in the original post I mentioned that he started taking a medicine about a year ago & 1 of the major side effects is it lowers your libido so I think that’s the issue with the lack of sex. Now just have to buck up & get rid of my pride & tell him what I want in bed (because he’d do anything I ask) I just feel I shouldn’t have to ya know I feel he should just want to but ig not so I’m gonna tty him & im sure we’ll work it out

I just feel I shouldn’t have to ya know I feel he should just want to

This is one of the biggest reasons relationships fail.... communication break down... he is not a mind reader, and men will go on about their lives assuming everything is great unless we say something.... clearly it isn't obvious that your needs aren't being met or he would have changed the behavior... being vulnerable, humble, and honest is how we build true intimacy with our partners.

This is one of the biggest reasons relationships fail.... communication break down... he is not a mind reader, and men will go on about their lives assuming everything is great unless we say something.... clearly it isn't obvious that your needs aren't being met or he would have changed the behavior... being vulnerable, humble, and honest is how we build true intimacy with our partners.

Wow it’s so funny you say that because I constantly hear my husband say to me “ babe I’m just a man I can’t read your mind” and ig for some reason I think he should be able to but logically of course he can’t . But you nailed that! But do you get my point though I want him to want to these things to me because he wants to. Then again ig it goes back to him not being able to read my mind cause like I posted before he’d do anything I ask I just feel like I shouldn’t have to that he should just know. I mean it doesn’t take a rocket scientist [emoji67][emoji436] to know that your wife wants to be pleased as much as you do, but then again a rocket scientist may even have to be told so thank you [emoji4] seriously ty very much that actually helped a lot

What is "ig" Have you read the forum rules such as item # 6?: https://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php

Tell him specifically what you want. Is he just lazy? Don't do for him what he won't do for you, tell him "you can't read minds"

Omgosh no I didn’t read the “forum rules” ig stands fore I guess Mr Wiseman 🤷🏼♀️ it seems to me like you’re on here for all the wrong reasons. I’ve gotten nothing but bad comments from you like wth oh sorry that stands for what the heck

What is "ig" Have you read the forum rules such as item # 6?: https://www.enotalone.com/forum/forum-rules.php

Tell him specifically what you want. Is he just lazy? Don't do for him what he won't do for you, tell him "you can't read minds"

No he’s not lazy and that’s just it if I told him he would do ANYTHING I wanted I just have to swallow my pride and say what it is I want because you’re right we can’t read minds. My problem is I just feel like he should want to please/satisfy me on his because he wants to but I guess I’ll have to speak up . Didn’t mean to come off rude in the last comment I just woke up and I’m always such a grouch for at least the 1st 45 mins so I apologize please forgive my rudeness

Archived