What Is She Doing?

joe529

Hello,

About two years ago I met a girl at my office. We instantly became very good, if not best, friends. We went out together a few times one on one but since I was her supervisor at work, we never pursued anything further (as I did not want to put either of us in a bad position). With that said, I maintained strong feelings for her that simply never went away.

For two years I bottled my emotions up, not wanting to complicate our working relationship. For one reason or another this girl I guess realized that I liked her and started to take advantage of me; she knew that I wouldn't scold her or hold her accountable for work (it was true, unfortunately) so she started to get away with a lot of things. But I legitimately felt like I was in love with her, so let it all slide. Finally last summer she resigned; on her last day I told her how I felt. She did not feel the same way, claiming that she just viewed me as a brother and not a boyfriend. Shortly thereafter she then deleted me on Facebook and Instagram, which I did not understand and made me very upset after all the things I did for her at work. I confronted her about it after she texted me at one point, and after that contentious conversation it just felt like the friendship was over. I stopped talking to her after that because I wanted to move on.

Six months have now passed; I still think about her every day, but otherwise I had not seen her or spoken to her. However, a week ago she randomly tagged me in something on Instagram. It was totally random without any commentary. I ignored this. But then two days later she texted me about how I need to try a new flavor of ice cream; it was totally random, and the text read like we were still friends. Finally today, she texts me this huge paragraph about how she met this girl that she thinks would be perfect for me and how she wants to set me up.

Bottom line, I have no idea what she's doing. I wanted to move on because I felt so strongly for this girl and she rejected me; and now she's weazling her way back into my life when I've done nothing to initiate any contact with her. Any ideas?

Any ideas? Yes: This one...

she texts me this huge paragraph about how she met this girl that she thinks would be perfect for me
Take if at face value and if you're not interested in being set up then tell her you're not interested and then stop fixating on her. Change your thoughts of her when she pops into your mind because she is holding a whole lot of power over you and she doesn't even know it because she's not wasting any time or emotion pining over you.

Don't let one rejection screw you over...

I did read back a thread from last year and I fear for you that you will fall back into the same pattern , you paying for dinner and buying her flowers only for her to pour all her troubles out to you about the men in her life and then the calling at all hours etc .......you don't want to be her friend , so don't be buddy . I don't really know why she would try and hook you up with her friend other then to start the communication again , which doesn't work out well for you .

Tell her you don't need her to hook you up or arrange blind dates and distance yourself . Sadly I have read nothing that makes me think she wants anymore from you then to burn your ears off with her *men* problems .

She's trying to get you a girlfriend. She's trying to drop a girl in your lap! Are you crazy?! She's a really good girl!

And if you had a real girlfriend who liked you back you could relax and be a friend to your friend. What's not to like?

That's exactly what you should be doing - dating other women, because a woman who thinks of you like a brother is a dead-end as far as romance is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

She seems a bit careless of your feelings. She knew what she was doing and taking advantage of your status at work and even after leaving a job trying to remain contact. Think she wants attention and is bored. I know its hard but I think just don't reply to her she will get the message.

Archived