Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet break-up experts - not worth a penny!

Platinum Member

Internet break-up experts - not worth a penny!

A recent poster provided an opportunity to engage in one of my favorite pastimes - deconstructing the ex-back internet charlatans who make a living using slick sales techniques to separate broken hearted people from their money.

First, there are only three internet youtube advisors who it was worth listening to (IMHO) - Dating Guy, Rory at the Love Chat, and Craig Kenneth. Carus likes Mouth of the Ape, and he is a good one for a gym session because his youtubes go on for 30 or 40 minutes. His message is OK two, because he says No Contact is forever from the dumpee. So I guess that is 4.

There are others I have seen, but they are all full of crap. There are likely some I haven't seen, who might be OK (Lucia?). So no names......

Secondly, anyone who charges $47 for anything (or 147, 247, etc) has been to a marketing psychology lecture where the virtues of charging $47 have been extolled. It is a psychological break-point. It is also a very clear indicator that they have designed their whole spiel to get your money. Somewhere in the fine print it'll mention success cannot be guaranteed. So you can't sue them later.

Thirdly, any "expert" who tells you any of the following things is telling you what you want to hear and peddling nonsense.

(a) No contact should be done for 2 weeks or 30 days or any other finite period. This is complete BS. No contact from the dumpee is FOREVER. The only hope of reconciliation is if the dumper changes their mind. That is it. You should not be contacting them. You should be working on yourself, so that if/when curiosity gets the better of them they find a better more attractive version of you that can possibly win them back. About a 1% possibility, by the way. Imagine if you phone your ex one weekend after 30 days or 1 year or whatever, and they are away on a romantic weekend, bonking their new lover.

(b) They sell past the sale, by asking you to imagine after you pay them hundreds of dollars to give you some really bad advice what it will be like with your ex back in your arms. I want to vomit. Really. Possibly projectile vomit. Talking past the sale also includes telling you you will learn some secret technique, and you must only use it "properly" and not for bad purposes.

(c) They tell you they can give you the wording of text message that will get your ex back - utter tosh. There is no such thing.

(d) They talk about Sun Tzu and the indirect approach. Text and ask about the cat to open the conversation. Your ex is a mature adult. Do you not think they can see through this nonsense? Personally, I was with a lady whose ex was doing the two-step text plan, two years after they broke up. He would text her and say "I have something important to tell you". She would not reply. Eventually he would come back with "I found your jacket in the cupboard, can I come and give it to you" or something. She would wait about a week and then text "Throw it in the bin".

(e) They tell you to use social media as a weapon, and give you hints on what to post. This is so stupid it beggars belief. Your ex dumped you because they were sick of you, and no longer wanted to be around you. The only way to get their attention is to peak their curiosity. To do that you need to disappear out of sight. Far from engaging in juvenile social media posts, you need to block and delete those contacts, and all their people as well. Better still, hide your profile for 6 months, and maybe never reactivate it. This will actually give you more time to go to the gym, improve, and work on your purpose in life.

(f) They tell you you must act now or you will miss your chance. That time is short and finite. The truth is the only chance you have is if the ex changes their mind, and the timing is out of your control. Acting earlier will actually ruin your chances. Hopefully after you bought that program for $247.

(g) They have one of those % chance quizzies on their website, which tell every-one who takes it that they have a 50-70% (+/-) chance of reconciliation. Not too much so that you can sue them, not too little to get your money. I mean, come on.

(h) They claim that their methods will make your ex partner beg for you back, And be begging you for sex. Beg, begging, beg, begging. It's one of those key words. So great you will get revenge (another key word) and make them beg. These are all psychological prompt words that they are using to GET YOUR MONEY!

(i) They can only sell this program for a limited period of time, or to a limited number of people, or whatever. This is so transparent it should require no explanation.

Fourthly, never ever write the ex the handwritten letter. No, no, no, [expletive deleted] no. It is pathetic. Imagine you are sick of someone. You dump them. They write you a handwritten letter. You laugh at them because it is pathetic.

I could go on, but I'm sure other posters can contribute on this topic.
    Last edited by RayRay63; 12-23-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Great outline exposing these scam artists. They profit from people's heartaches.

Yes, it's a very sad thing but lots of scammers willing to take advantage of desperate people. :(

Gold Member
    Great post Ray!

Originally Posted by RayRay63
    First, there are only three internet youtube advisors who it was worth listening to (IMHO) - Dating Guy, Rory at the Love Chat, and Craig Kenneth. Carus likes Mouth of the Ape......

I could go on, but I'm sure other posters can contribute on this topic.
    Yes that's true. I found Ape to be ok, although he hasn't posted anything for quite some time now.....

I did do a Skype thing with him for a week but I found he was treating me like a noob...Telling me things like block on FB, don't call her, go NC etc etc...I tried to explain to him that I already knew and had done all that but I think he was just copying and pasting from a text file....So I really didn't get much out of it.....

I like Craig Kenneth and Margaret for the psychology stuff that she brings to the channel but his 'Email Coaching' was just one line throw away answers that you can get in here for free....I think he's way too expensive but he's obviously making a killing out of it....I think he's still hung up a bit on the Apple Bees girl too lol....

Dating Guys 'Roast Videos' are both hilarious and informative....He did one on Dan Bacon last year and Bacon had it taken down. He tried again this year but Bacon had it removed again! I guess the truth hurts huh Dan? :-/

There definitely are some good supportive channels out there:

The Healing Heart - If you can find him. Good psychology stuff.
    Alan Robarge.
    Lisa Romano has some great guided meditation stuff.
    Pandoras Box with Kaleah.
    Teal Swan - If you want to get deep and spiritual....to name a few.

The audio book, 'From Abandonment To Healing' by Susan Anderson literally saved my life!

Take Care Out There*

Carus*

Platinum Member
    To be sure, I am not suggesting your should necessarily pay Craig Kenneth (or any of them) - his free videos are enough.

I saw the recent Dan Bacon roast. Imagine being so needy and insecure that you couldn't cop a little criticism on youtube. The irony there is so thick you could cut it.

My view is that the first rule here is don't pay anyone on youtube, get a face to face therapist with qualifications. There are exceptions; Dating Guy is definitely one.

I look at it as, no matter how you slice it, if they wanted to be with you they would. Unfortunately that's the last thing a dumpee wants to hear at the very beginning of the breakup.

Sadly in this day and age, scammers are a dime a dozen.

agreed, craig kenneth and dating guy.

coach lee's breakup repair kit was a sham. his free videos on youtube were better. gave me a refund

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jambalaya421

coach lee... gave me a refund
    Interested in that. He just went up in my estimation.

Good points RayRay!

I would go further and say, none are worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice