LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asked out a co-worker and now regretting it

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It's good your common sense took over and you didn't do anything. An office party is not a night club, strip club, singles bar or someplace you should try out myths from pickup artist sites such as "she's playing with her hair = she wants you". Act professional and normal at work and date outside of work.
    From my experience (at least in my industry) the Christmas parties are where things turn pretty wild and often the single guys and girls get with each other... only reason nothing like that happened this year was because I was the only single guy, and I'm far too shy and innocent to be capable of anything like that

Originally Posted by reboundreps
    ... she looked so hot (like, totally outta-my-league kind of hot).
    Maybe focus on women who are actually IN your league?

Originally Posted by waffle
    Maybe focus on women who are actually IN your league?
    Normally that's what I'd do... but I'd got the impression she might be interested in me, and also didn't think she looked a million miles outta my league the way she looked in work

Finding another woman outside of work is the best way to forget about it. If you are thinking about someone else, you won't have time to think about her.

Date outside of work...you are only asking for trouble on many levels if you continue to make eyes at women at work.

Business and pleasure should never mix.

Originally Posted by reboundreps
    From my experience (at least in my industry) the Christmas parties are where things turn pretty wild and often the single guys and girls get with each other... only reason nothing like that happened this year was because I was the only single guy, and I'm far too shy and innocent to be capable of anything like that
    This is common for some companies. I'd say a general rule is to keep it contained and maintain some restraint. Not to get all somber on you but it's a good idea to look at the turn over rate of employees who behave that way during company parties. Reputation unfortunately or fortunately does travel. The likelihood of you staying in one company the rest of your life is low so keep the bigger picture in mind also in terms of your professionalism at work and where you want to be.

Good thing she messaged you. It doesn't sound like she's making a big deal of it so I'd do the same and just let it pass. Things will go back to normal. Try a dating app or local interest groups around you.

I think all in all, you handled it all fine. Asking someone out is hard...

the whole reading signals and stuff, maddening! but you went for it! And good for you!

she played it off, as to not be awkward but the message was received... And you, in turn volleyed back casually to show you got the hint!

And it's all good... moving on! No shame in your game... there's someone better around the corner and the even better news- you didn't waste your time wondering about this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice