How can one make it "official" in long-distance dating?

stdpb

I've been going out with this girl several times, but unfortunately we live in different cities. We've been texting and had several calls when the timing works (because of huge timezone difference). Whenever we went out, I've definitely sensed positive signs from her. I've made it obvious to her that I like her too and want to continue pursuing this.

I'm set to meet her again in year-end. How can I try to make this "official", given the distance between us? How should I phrase this?

Why are you choosing the most difficult type of dating there is? Super expensive. The abnormal pace of dating--most times apart, and when together, too much time together with days or a week with visits, and then in the end, one person has to uproot themselves away from a job, friends, family.

There are numerous women you can have chemistry with if you join clubs, co-ed sports teams, singles groups on Meetup.com.

Be a smarter dater for better success.

I agree with the others... you're already running into issues so early and it's not a good sign. I don't blame you for being nervous but you'll have to get comfy with rejection and leaving room when someone isn't interested. Try not to pursue long distance dating like this. You'll never really get the full picture understanding each other from afar or your relationship will crawl at a snail's pace until someone gets distracted or frustrated by the distance.

Is it possible to date locally or is there some other barrier - ie. shared religion or ?

Same advice as on your other thread.

The only way an LDR can actually work is for one of the participants to re-locate.

If there is no firm plan to unite geographically, then the LDR will eventually splutter out.

People need physical intimacy, and sooner or later something local will provide it.

Archived