Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parental Stress

Parental Stress

My parent steals money from me.

How the heck can you trust anyone when your own parent does that.

At least I have one parent I can trust, thank God.

Do you live with them? How do they have access to it?
    Originally Posted by Leah33
    My parent steals money from me.

Platinum Member
    Oh Leah that's not nice at all , what happened ?

Ill refer to parent as Z is staying with me. I forgot I left my belongings that contained my money in it in another room and I noticed the money missing.

I just have to keep reminding myself not to have cash on me.

Its just so frustrating.

Platinum Member
    Ill refer to parent as Z is staying with me. I forgot I left my belongings that contained my money in it in another room and I noticed the money missing.

I just have to keep reminding myself not to have cash on me.

Its just so frustrating.
    Not nice to have to do that in your own home, but ..needs must and if that is how you have to go on , then so be it .
    Hope you ok though .

What else is being stolen? Is this the hoarder? Is she using your credit cards or other things? Does she work and have enough money to eat? Why are you living together? Why do you think she is suddenly doing this?
    I forgot I left my belongings that contained my money in it in another room and I noticed the money missing.

Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    Not nice to have to do that in your own home, but ..needs must and if that is how you have to go on , then so be it .
    Hope you ok though .
    Thanks lady!

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What else is being stolen? Is this the hoarder? Is she using your credit cards or other things? Does she work and have enough money to eat? Why do you think she is suddenly doing this?
    Personal mail, there's been other stuff taken in the past.

Yes, it is.

Nope Z is retired but I honestly think it's some compulsion they have in order to maybe exert control, who knows.

Z is financially supported so it's not an issue of needing extra I don't think.

This has been ongoing for several years. Next year though I'm going to demand that they go stay with other family members' every three months or so to give me some time for myself. Not sure what else can be done?

Another thought I had, as terrible as it is, is to set Z up because I know they shoplift and let their as* get thrown in jail.

Is that wrong?

Take her to a doctor. Is she having cognitive issues? Hoarding and confusion gets worse with age. Why not start making arrangements for an assisted care facility? At least get an personal attendant and housekeeper in there to help her, with her money she receives. It sounds like you can't take care of her appropriately.

Why are these items not placed in your room away from where she has access to until you can arrange better care for her? If she is taking mail and other items that are useless to her it sounds like neurological problems. Why not check into that? Is it possible amid all the clutter and hoarding that these items are being misplaced? Why think the worst? Do you need her income? Why is she staying with you?
    Personal mail, there's been other stuff taken in the past. is retired but I honestly think it's some compulsion they have in order to maybe exert control, who knows. financially supported so it's not an issue of needing extra This has been ongoing for several years.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Take her to a doctor. Is she having cognitive issues? Hoarding and confusion gets worse with age. Why not start making arrangements for an assisted care facility? At least get an personal attendant and housekeeper in there to help her, with her money she receives. It sounds like you can't take care of her appropriately.

Why are these items not placed in your room away from where she has access to until you can arrange better care for her? If she is taking mail and other items that are useless to her it sounds like neurological problems. Why not check into that? Is it possible amid all the clutter and hoarding that these items are being misplaced? Why think the worst? Do you need her income? Why is she staying with you?
    She's already in ongoing medical care because she's a former benzo and pain killer addict.

She's clean now as far as I know.

I will talk to my family about the assisted living facility and see if it's an option financially.

She has very limited income, myself and others pay for her living expenses, so...

The mail I found was credit card offers not addressed to her.

I feel like tossing my cookies (pukey) just thinking about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice