Daycare Christmas gift ideas

BecxyRex

Hello everyone, I’d love to hear some ideas or input from you wonderful people. Our daughter is at daycare and we all love the place. They do so much with the kids and we are all fairly close. I’d like to bring in a little something for her teacher, but am not so sure what’s truly appreciated. Any daycare workers out there who can give me some pointers? What would make you happy and feel appreciated? I was thinking of getting other parents together to buy a massage appointment, but I’m not sure if that’s overstepping it or weird? A hand drawn card by my daughter maybe, but then again, the place is full of the kids artwork.

Thanks!

In my experience -yes I was a daycare worker many years ago, yes I've gifted many teachers -have your child do a hand or footprint card for the teacher and give a gift card to a store she likes if you know or if not to Amazon or the like. I wouldn't do massage because not everyone likes that and I wouldn't try to organize the other parents at this late date- from a practical perspective. I would skip anything homemade as far as food items or any knick knacks - mugs and the like -teachers get plenty of those but they make very little $ and cash/gift card is always appreciated.

I have my own daycare and I have received everything from homemade chocolates to expensive cosmetics. But now that I found out I’m diabetic the lady who makes the homemade truffles is giving me homemade dill pickles this year. To tell you the truth my house is filled with kids homemade artwork. At end of the month I just trash it or I would be up to my eyeballs in it.

You can buy a spa card that offers many services that the teacher can choose from. Some spas have in one spot: facials, manicures and pedicures, haircuts, salt scrubs, and massages. Restaurant gift cards are usually welcome, and some have three or more restaurants listed on the same card--probably owned by the same company. (P.S. is that photo you post from a movie? I swear I've seen it somewhere and it's bugging me.)

I'd keep it neutral and do an amazon gift card or a local department (large) store gift card. This lessens the risk that the person can't use it if there are differences in lifestyle, personal likes/dislikes or health/diet restrictions. It's the thought that counts, really. I don't like saying this but we're all thinking it anyway - if the person doesn't like it, she can always re-gift it. We can't ever be absolutely certain someone will be head over heels over a particular gift so it's best not to worry too much. It's a thank you for being a great teacher and daycare worker. That's all that matters.

No sweets because most people don't wish to watch their waistlines expand, don't give brick-a-brack nor clutter. Daycare workers and teachers have a ton of junk they don't know what to do with.

My vote is for practical gifts such as gift cards such as VISA gift cards, Target, Starbucks, local grocery store, CVS and the like. People always need those things for everyday living and it would certainly come in handy. If it's a group gift, pass the hat and have everyone contribute towards a generous gift card amount which is better than a bunch of small individual gift cards in smaller increments IMHO.

I’m not a daycare but was a teacher for many years.

Mugs and school supplies.... ugh! are not real gifts. So many children haven given me some that I have no room. And I don’t drink coffee.

Massages are nice but expensive in my area.

No sweets please! As much as I am a chocoholic, I am trying to hit the New Years resolution of losing weight because of the amount of stress and binging on desk snack food.

Gift cards makes teachers happy. I was in 7th Heaven when a parent gave me a gift card to a liquor store. Free bottle of wine is perfect for a home movie night in the winter.

Archived