Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I want my ex back even though he doesn't want to talk to me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by kirbycake342
    He flies to the office every week for 3 days at least.
    Did he ever ask you to go there?

Originally Posted by RayRay63
    Did he ever ask you to go there?
    To his office? No. I flew to his city, where he has his apartment and stayed with him.

Platinum Member
    When he was there, was he too busy to message/talk much?

In the office? Yeah, he was busy. He obviously doesn't want to be on phone all the time at work. But he would message me when he could. And when he was back in his hotel, he would eat and then call me right after. Later on, after breaking it off while I was trying to fix things he would message less and not call much either.

Platinum Member
    So he is away from home, for half the week, in another city, living in a hotel, alone by himself*, and he he isn't communicating?

(* or possibly not)

I think you need to think about what that might mean.

Originally Posted by RayRay63
    So he is away from home, for half the week, in another city, living in a hotel, alone by himself*, and he he isn't communicating?

(* or possibly not)

I think you need to think about what that might mean.
    I mean he would call me the moment he was back in his hotel - so I know he didn't cheat or anything and I'm not even doubting that. He would stay on call and we would sleep together on call, too. He went to work once he woke up, messaged me, went to the office, worked and went to his hotel.

I know he loved me. I don't know why it stopped. I don't know why my effort didn't change his feelings. He told me that my effort was good, that I'm a good person, that I'm not lacking. So I don't understand it. He keeps saying it's not me.

But if he feels that way, why would it be impossible to have feelings for me again?

He doesn't want what you hope or more accurately...imagine. It's that simple. Get busy with your local life get away from your phone.
    Originally Posted by kirbycake342
    He says he doesn't want to commit and wants to be "free".
    he literally HATED that.
    Kept saying he doesn't want that.
    he didn't want that at all.

I can imagine moving to him and finding a job there.
    I could imagine him moving here
    I feel like that there is a lot of potential after we met up.

Platinum Member
    So it went from -

he would call me the moment he was back in his hotel.... He would stay on call and we would sleep together on call, too. He went to work once he woke up, messaged me,...
    to -

Later on, after breaking it off while I was trying to fix things he would message less and not call much either.
    It actually doesn't matter why he lost interest. He did.

You professing your continuing devotion to him, and your willingness to be a doormat for him and wait around hoping he changes his mind will not get him back.

It will remind him of whatever he was thinking about when he broke it off, and give him validation.

You need to block him out, and get on with your life without him in it.

It is possible that doing this might, after a time, re-ignite his curiosity and interest in you, but don't count on him ever coming back.

I don't know how to move on if I still want him.

Of course it's easy to tell me to cut him off and block him and to move on. But it's not easy. At all.

He probably either met someone he can see regularly or he wants to meet someone he can see regularly.

Most people want someone they can be with in person. People crave that physical contact, not just electronic communication.

Seek that for yourself. Make efforts to meet someone you can actually see in person, not someone who you have to negotiate with over who will fly to who.

And no one said it would be "easy" to wean yourself off this online interaction. But you're a university student. Surely you know that anything worthwhile requires effort. This does too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice