Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Everyone who celebrates have their tree up?

Seraphim

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decorated the first weekend of December, put up my tree(s) on the second weekend in December.... yes that's right I have 3 trees in my 2 bedroom condo... 2 of them are under 3 feet tall but they are all decorated and lit! :p

My cats completely ignore my trees as well and always have.... a first for me as every other cat I've had has been all in and up in the trees business, I did wonder if it was because they are fake and don't smell like outside.

awwww hahah I have been there many times , I once walked in when I had 3 cats , to all 3 sat on a branch each loooooooooooooool ...

Cutest tree ever though with 3 " ornaments" lol.

Yeah, it's a real tree. I haven't had a real one for a while so I was excited about it!

I love everyone on this thread getting their Christmas energy going. ❤️

The GF and I went to the tree farm a couple weeks ago and got a cute one for her apartment. I wasn't quite ready to see how my crazy cat dealt with a tree (taking care of an older cat that my friend can't take care of anymore, though old she is crazy and acts like a kitten sometimes) so I'll just enjoy hers when I go over.

Cutest tree ever though with 3 " ornaments" lol.

Yeah, it's a real tree. I haven't had a real one for a while so I was excited about it!

I love everyone on this thread getting their Christmas energy going. ❤️

aww their little face just eye balling me through the baubles hahaha

Actually I have never had a real tree and my cats have always been in ...I have heard people say if it is real their cats have pee'd up it lol

So .......

what is your tradition on Christmas eve ?

Ems goes to bed with her Christmas stocking , we leave a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for Rudolf , now Emily is 21 in February and not exaxtly on board with feeding Santa looooooooooool but honest ....every Christmas morning , the pie has gone and there are teeth marks in the carrot .

Anyway so I also have a stocking ..obviously and in the night they get filled ( I feel like this could veer of course if I am not careful )

Anyway , Christmas morning , Ems is forced to shout to me ....* mam he's been * oh I need a big old laughing emoji right now ..so we open our stockings and then come downstairs to see if Santa left anything else hehe ...

My shopping is all done. Almost everything wrapped. I go to see my Mam Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas Eve we always go to church. Just me and my hubby and my boy. Me and hubby used to go to midnight mass before the boy was born and we haven’t been since then but this year we are going to the 7 o’clock mass and the midnight. We always have like a little treat dinner not really dinner but just a little appetizers. We always get to open one gift that night and it’s always our new Christmas Eve pyjamas. That one is a tradition from my childhood.

Usually just me, wifey and the pups... settle in for a comfy night after eating a great dinner. My Son (16) likes to stay at his Mother's Christmas eve because they get up at 5:00 to open presents :eek:! Then she brings him here after.

I'm fine with that, I always tell him... for holidays, I want you to go where YOU want to go, that is what makes me happy! I refuse to do to him what my family has done (and is still doing) to me with the guilt trips. Ever since I moved away at the age of 21, their goal is to make me feel guilty if I don't spend every freakin' holiday with them! I did for over 30 years... can't do it no more!

What type of people take pleasure in making someone else feel miserable???

OK, rant over!

Usually just me, wifey and the pups... settle in for a comfy night after eating a great dinner. My Son (16) likes to stay at his Mother's Christmas eve because they get up at 5:00 to open presents :eek:! Then she brings him here after.

I'm fine with that, I always tell him... for holidays, I want you to go where YOU want to go, that is what makes me happy! I refuse to do to him what my family has done (and is still doing) to me with the guilt trips. Ever since I moved away at the age of 21, their goal is to make me feel guilty if I don't spend every freakin' holiday with them! I did for over 30 years... can't do it no more!

What type of people take pleasure in making someone else feel miserable???

OK, rant over!

Unfortunately I have to see my husband’s family Boxing Day . 🙄

I'm going home for Christmas, and I think my family will put the tree up on Saturday. I' excited to see everyone, but I'm less excited about the typical questions I get every time I visit (why am I not married yet, why am I not skinnier etc.).

Gotta love family. Why is it we bother with our worst critics again?

Gotta love family. Why is it we bother with our worst critics again?

My extended family can drive me nuts too. I do a quick show and then am out early before the drunkenness sets in and the arguing happens. Physical fights breaking out aren't uncommon, usually between the uncles and cousins.

It sounds ridiculous but I mostly go to eat and see the little kids. The family is loaded with chefs, bakers, caterers, and there's always soooo much food. Haha.

Archived