Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Embarrassing Moments at Work

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    436
    Gender
    Male

    Embarrassing Moments at Work

    So, My boss was on a conference call with her door open, so I was telling my office neighbor how annoyingly loud it was...

    and I turned around and the boss was standing right behind me!

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    12,108
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    So, My boss was on a conference call with her door open, so I was telling my office neighbor how annoyingly loud it was...

    and I turned around and the boss was standing right behind me!
    ohhhhhh ouch loooooool

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,104
    I was fidgeting with my pen cap at a meeting in a conference room (cap attached to the pen) - the cap flew off like a torpedo and hit the glass centerpiece on the conference room table with a loud PING while the big boss was talking.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,033
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I was fidgeting with my pen cap at a meeting in a conference room (cap attached to the pen) - the cap flew off like a torpedo and hit the glass centerpiece on the conference room table with a loud PING while the big boss was talking.
    lol Luckily it didn't hit him on the forehead!

  5.  

  6. #5
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,104
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    lol Luckily it didn't hit him on the forehead!
    LOL! There was the other time, same environment, where I or my friend -really don't remember - slid a pad of paper pretty hard across the table during a presentation and it hit a coffee cup and knocked it over. Oh and the time I was an intern desperate for an offer and I happily introduced myself to the man walking next to me en route to a company event. I'd met him already. Because we all had -he was in charge of hiring. So when we got to the event I went to a pay phone, called my mother and said "guess what! I'm not getting an offer!!" (I did).

  7. #6
    Platinum Member itsallgrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,376
    I had started a temporary position, and had 4 different roles I had to switch through that summer. Two to four weeks on each, with a few days training in between.
    I was doing my time at reception in the office, and this homeless looking man wandered in and went straight to the back ( where only staff were to access). So I got up, said hi to him, let him know he couldn't simply walk in like that. He asks my name, I tell him, and I'm sure you know where I'm going with this by now. It was the owner of the umbrella of companies I was working for. I had no idea, and everyone was laughing. They had just watched in amusement, not bothering to mention it to me.
    Worked out great though. He took an instant liking to me, and loved that I was doing my job. I got a permanent position later, due to his word, but it was embarrassing at the time.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,104
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    I had started a temporary position, and had 4 different roles I had to switch through that summer. Two to four weeks on each, with a few days training in between.
    I was doing my time at reception in the office, and this homeless looking man wandered in and went straight to the back ( where only staff were to access). So I got up, said hi to him, let him know he couldn't simply walk in like that. He asks my name, I tell him, and I'm sure you know where I'm going with this by now. It was the owner of the umbrella of companies I was working for. I had no idea, and everyone was laughing. They had just watched in amusement, not bothering to mention it to me.
    Worked out great though. He took an instant liking to me, and loved that I was doing my job. I got a permanent position later, due to his word, but it was embarrassing at the time.
    LOL that's great!

    I once interviewed where we went for lunch in between morning and afternoon interviews. I should have freshened up before the afternoon interviews because a huge section of my hair had blown from one side to the other because it was really windy -ridiculous. The afternoon interview was with a kind of conservative guy who was chatting with one of his golf buddies on the phone when I came in. Didn't get an offer.....

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    436
    Gender
    Male
    I won't even start the topic of "Reply to all"... I think we've all been there!

  10. #9
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,104
    Originally Posted by Camber 2019
    I won't even start the topic of "Reply to all"... I think we've all been there!
    Luckily it only happened to me with a group of friends but it was bad enough. Love me some embarrassing reply alls -as an outsider!

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    NY
    Age
    59
    Posts
    436
    Gender
    Male
    OK, we have all farted in our office and had a member of he opposite sex walk in... and PLEASE don't "pretend" the sex has anything to do with it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •