Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Embarrassing Moments at Work

Camber 2019

lol Luckily it didn't hit him on the forehead!

LOL! There was the other time, same environment, where I or my friend -really don't remember - slid a pad of paper pretty hard across the table during a presentation and it hit a coffee cup and knocked it over. Oh and the time I was an intern desperate for an offer and I happily introduced myself to the man walking next to me en route to a company event. I'd met him already. Because we all had -he was in charge of hiring. So when we got to the event I went to a pay phone, called my mother and said "guess what! I'm not getting an offer!!" (I did).

I had started a temporary position, and had 4 different roles I had to switch through that summer. Two to four weeks on each, with a few days training in between.

I was doing my time at reception in the office, and this homeless looking man wandered in and went straight to the back ( where only staff were to access). So I got up, said hi to him, let him know he couldn't simply walk in like that. He asks my name, I tell him, and I'm sure you know where I'm going with this by now. It was the owner of the umbrella of companies I was working for. I had no idea, and everyone was laughing. They had just watched in amusement, not bothering to mention it to me.

Worked out great though. He took an instant liking to me, and loved that I was doing my job. I got a permanent position later, due to his word, but it was embarrassing at the time.

I had started a temporary position, and had 4 different roles I had to switch through that summer. Two to four weeks on each, with a few days training in between.

I was doing my time at reception in the office, and this homeless looking man wandered in and went straight to the back ( where only staff were to access). So I got up, said hi to him, let him know he couldn't simply walk in like that. He asks my name, I tell him, and I'm sure you know where I'm going with this by now. It was the owner of the umbrella of companies I was working for. I had no idea, and everyone was laughing. They had just watched in amusement, not bothering to mention it to me.

Worked out great though. He took an instant liking to me, and loved that I was doing my job. I got a permanent position later, due to his word, but it was embarrassing at the time.

LOL that's great!

I once interviewed where we went for lunch in between morning and afternoon interviews. I should have freshened up before the afternoon interviews because a huge section of my hair had blown from one side to the other because it was really windy -ridiculous. The afternoon interview was with a kind of conservative guy who was chatting with one of his golf buddies on the phone when I came in. Didn't get an offer.....

Archived