Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to think

Holy cow, you seriously need to back off! His father is in the hospital, do you not get that he is upset and probably scared that his dad is sick? You are being a pain in the butt. Leave him alone for now. Assuming his dad gets better you can then contact him.

Don't make his lack of texts while his dad is in the hospital about you. I think he's got a lot on his mind. And you've been dating him for 30 days. It's not a relationship.

I think I need to clear something up. No where did I say his dad was in the hospital in critical care or for a serious illness. You are assuming. I didn't want to give too many details for fear he might read this thread. I probably should have clarified.

His dad got injured, nothing life threatening...yet, still important for him to be there. His family is really close. His dad has some other problems too...but my guy worries because his dad is getting older. I forgot to mention that my guy has GAD. From what I've heard, his dad is actually back at home now. I was just trying to do the right thing and give him time and space for that, because it's obviously more important. I did say that he's been stressed and busy with work, as well. And I did mention that his interest has been waning since before his dad was in the hospital.

I just thought his text was a bit strange. I wasn't sure how to reply. I kind of felt like a secretary.

And...I've been questioning his interest lately.

I'll keep with the message I sent and see where this goes. I'll try to keep you updated.

I didn't like his tone with you in your first post and picked up on the lack of interest. Hope things clear up soon with him and return back to normal but it sounds like he's anxious or depressed about future events (his dad's health and age). There are ways to cope with that. Maybe he's not coping properly and needs outside help - no shame in that. If you like him a lot, I'd see where this goes. If not, you're under no obligation to see him again even though you texted him to contact you when he's "ready". It could be days, weeks or months. You're back at square one - not his secretary this time but his "when I have the energy gf". The relationship is too new for this. I don't think anyone deserves that.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    At a little over a month, I don't think you should be his secretary, wife or mother. You can be kind but assertive and start to draw some boundaries in your relationship with him.
    Agreed. I think his response was really weird. Let him handle his own conversations with people and you take care of yourself. I'd just write him off after a response like that. What a joke--it really does make me laugh

When did you last see him in person or go on a date? That is the real measure of interest. Stop sending nonsense text like "hi" and saying nothing. Why not text something meaningful such as 'hope your dad is doing better' rather than mindless pings. Leave him alone if he is not responding or initiating anything. If you are not actually going on dates in person regularly, then you are not dating.
    Originally Posted by Skylark89
    I've been dating a guy for a little over a month now.Yesterday, I ended up texting him, "Hi" to which he immediately replied with a "Hi."

Platinum Member
    Oh !!!
    His dad was in hospital for something minor and YOU knew that!!!
    Yet failed to mention that ?

He is NOT interested. And pathetically used that as an excuse for being MIA?

Shame on him! Clearly not someone you would want to date or waste your time writing a post about ? Right???

He may not be a good catch since he has a mental issue.

When a guy is into you, he makes that crystal clear. And the first 30 days is usually when hormones run the wildest and a dating couple can't get enough of each other. Obviously you feel that way, and he doesn't. It sounds like if you stop making the first effort in communication, he will fade away, so let him.

In the future, never make more effort than the guy so that you can gauge his interest a lot sooner than you have, since some guys are cowards about breaking up. They will reply, but would gladly be relieved if you lost interest and no further contact was necessary. Some of them act like jerks so you will pull the plug and he doesn't have to deal with drama if he ends it and has to listen to crying.

Hold out for the guy who treats you as the treasure you are. Take care.

I was surprised he called yesterday. I missed it, though. I called him back later, but he didn't pick up. He hasn't called today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice