I feel she is drifting away

Gretgekk

I have been dating this girl for some time now and really love her. I know I do not fill her expectations wholly but I love her. I know that this is not enough. We seldom text now and when I try to kick things up she tells me she is not in the mood. I invited her to the spa today and she saud the sane thing.She then said nite. I feel I am losing the love of my life. I don't think I have much time. please help.

What do you mean by "dating"? Are you even exclusive? What country do you live in? (For cultural context).

To be honest, chances are, it is already too late. What "expectations" does she expect you to fulfill that you are unable to do so? If it is not something you cannot change quickly, or at all, then there is not much you can do. She has a right to look for somebody who does fulfill her needs and expectations. Whether you love her or not is irrelevant to that calculus.

For example, if she expects you to work hard and prove that you can be a provider, then you can demonstrate your determination and resolve, perhaps by showing her some of your work and achievements. If however, she has materialistic demands that you cannot fulfill anytime soon, then you are not going to be able to keep her around no matter how much you profess your love.

What would happen if you shared your factual observations (less frequent texts & spending less time together are what you mentioned) and then shared how you feel about her? If you were honest with her about how the changes in your relationship were affecting your outlook would it give you a better/clearer perspective from which to make decisions about the situation?

How long have you been dating? How often do you see each other in person? Is the a sexting relationship? What do you mean by kick things up a notch?

We seldom text now and when I try to kick things up she tells me she is not in the mood. I invited her to the spa today.

Don't be pathetic and pitiful. Take a hint, get her message and realize her feelings aren't mutual. Don't set yourself up for unnecessary pain and hurt.

Her interest is obviously waning.

Have a talk with her and discuss where this is going or not going. Her actions or lack thereof speak louder than words. If she's not invested in this dating relationship and there's no positive future together, then cut your losses and move on.

If a person cares, she will communicate what improvements she'd like made in the relationship so the couple can work on the issues together. When a person doesn't care, she doesn't make any further efforts and hopes the relationship will dwindle to nothing or hopes the guy will get so pissed he breaks up with her, assuming she's too cowardly to end things. When a person no longer cares, there's not much you can do but face reality and accept that it's over.

Archived