Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: She still likes her ex but also seems to want me?

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he was ever an ex. Perhaps she want a fun paid-for vacation fling? Try not to get caught up in a sugar-daddy situation while her bf gets the sex.
    Originally Posted by MaybeThen
    I just found out the other day that they had been talking the entire 4 months. So heís very present.

Gold Member
    She's mugging you off and you are mugging yourself off. Stop this nonsense.

None of this is real. I don't care what she's posting on (phony) social media.

The messages you shared did not indicate in any way she was planning to leave him for good to be with you. In fact, it sounded like quite the opposite.

Look for a real relationship. Not getting all excited because her outward appearance is attractive. And BTW, that's not love. I'm sure you know that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MaybeThen
    When I invited her back and she arrived, I did pay for everything. I wanted to give her what he didnít do for her, it was what she was looking for. I guess I thought I was doing things right and definitely won her over based on everything from the love talk, saying I was her boyfriend, etc. but Iím starting to see now that when she told me she wants to keep talking because she ďlikes the feelingĒ thatís really all I do for her. Fill a void.
    You stroke her ego. That sounds really fulfilling. C'mon dude, no one can be that lonely.

I think this boils down to her being hot and young. Ugh.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 12-08-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You stroke her ego. That sounds really fulfilling. C'mon dude, no one can be that lonely.

I think this boils down to her being hot and young. Ugh.
    You guys almost have me completely convinced itís fake. But I guess when I look at everything, all our photos, and the way she talks to me itís hard to let completely go. Hard to believe itís completely and absolutely a farce. Part of me still thinks thereís a chance

Itís not just about her being hot. Look I admit sheís entirely out of my league and girls like her donít pay attention to guys like me. She makes me feel good too. She makes me feel special. Like she really cares and is proud of me and excited about me. When she landed she brought me a gift of my favorite thing and it felt really nice. It felt so good to spend the week with her laughing and walking around town with me. I really felt I was doing a good job. Being what she needed. And she was what I needed

Honestly I felt like I won the lottery. Yes Iíve been single most of my life and suddenly this really beautiful girl was paying me attention? That doesnít happen. I told her the universe must have brought us together and she agreed, that was the only thing that made sense to me. She wrote me really poetic letters about her feelings for me and even posted it on my public account. If it was so fake wouldnít she have just kept me hidden? But if she really believed we were destined to be like she wrote, then I know itís weird she would now tell me she canít make any promises about our future
    Last edited by MaybeThen; 12-08-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Photos and talk can absolutely be fake.

But think about what she told her ex. She didn't tell him she was leaving him for good because she wants to be with you. She didn't tell him she was going to stop communicating with him because she's met someone else. She said she misses what they had and wants to try again with him.

She won't make you promises because she won't keep them.

I get it, it's disappointing and it hurts. But this is not real.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Photos and talk can absolutely be fake.

But think about what she told her ex. She didn't tell him she was leaving him for good because she wants to be with you. She didn't tell him she was going to stop communicating with him because she's met someone else. She said she misses what they had and wants to try again with him.
    Thatís true but she also told me we must have met in the past life and will meet again in a future life because our souls are so connected. She said that I was her best friend and everything she wanted. I donít understand how people can make up such extreme claims.

She wasnít saying that stuff to him in the text. So I read it as she was telling him about me and saying she wanted something serious with me but just did not want to rush it. And I felt like it was him she was keeping as a plan B. Like she never said to him ďdonít worry Iím going to leave that guy,Ē she said ďI told him I didnít want to rush into anything serious because Iím still healing.Ē So I really thought she was telling him she was picking me after she healed.

But since he knew about me and what she was doing, maybe she was just telling him how she was going to get out of the situation with me when she was done using me to heal. Like I guess thatís why she told me she canít promise anything, to give herself a way out?

I guess that was my hope trying to stay alive.

You're doing a good job of convincing yourself it will work out the way you hope.

She's got a Plan A and a Plan B and you can't be sure which one you are.

But people truly in love don't have or want a Plan B.

She's all over the place and you're going along for the ride. At this point it's a choice you're making to wait around hoping she picks you.

I really hope you don't end up devastated and heartbroken.

Gold Member
    She's shovelling you a load of manure down your throat and you are asking for seconds.

Respectfully please seek help. You are extremely naive or gullible and setting yourself up for a massive heartbreak. You seem a decent and genuine person so please take this advice in the positive manner it is meant.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    You're doing a good job of convincing yourself it will work out the way you hope.

She's got a Plan A and a Plan B and you can't be sure which one you are.

But people truly in love don't have or want a Plan B.

She's all over the place and you're going along for the ride. At this point it's a choice you're making to wait around hoping she picks you.

I really hope you don't end up devastated and heartbroken.
    Yea, youíre right. If she really loved me like she keeps posting and saying, she would not have been contacting him and she definitely would not have said she wanted to see if they would work out.

I remember the convo we had when we first met and she was down and out because they broke up that day. She said she just wanted to see what it was like to feel spoiled and loved and posted on social media because he wouldnít do it.

I really think she just used me to explore that. I was never even a plan B. I was a tool. On top of that I gave her a lot of items she wanted from our family store, for free. I really believed I was just giving her what she needed and she fell in love with me because of it. I mean when she told me they had been talking the entire time I did feel deceived and my alarm bells went off.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice