Wondering if this guy is interested in me...body language analysis

ch3

So there’s this guy at work who I think is interested but I also don’t know for sure. We talk sometimes and sometimes we don’t. Which is why I sometimes think he’s not interested but I often find him staring at me and when I make eye contact with him he just continues to stare and not smile. I have to break eye Contact.

The one time we were playing a card game with a bunch of coworkers and when it was his turn I turned and looked at him. He looked back. And then we were just looking at each other for an embarrassingly long time. I didn’t really think anything during that moment. Just boredom staring at him and then after I realized that we were just looking at each other I told him it was his turn which he then said ... “what? “ oh yeah”. It wasnt a sexual stare I don’t think because I would feel something wouldn’t i?

Also he touches me a lot. Not sexually. Kinda in a safe friendly way. Like he’ll touch my shoulders or my forearms. He’ll always do it when I’m not paying attention to him. Like if I’m talking to him and then someone else joins the conversation and I’ll start talking to them. I don’t see him touching other females coworkers like that .. but then again I don’t really watch him a lot. It’s so strange.

He teases me a lot and says he’s shy. I just can’t figure him out. When I ask him what other people say about the way he teases them. He’ll say I don’t tease anyone else. You’re the only one. I should have asked more about it but I changed the subject.

I like him a bit and find myself acting awkward and dumb around him. Especially after the last few times I’ve seen him around at work. Which isn’t often. Our schedules don’t line up at all. I’ll see him once or twice a week if he picks up overtime

Since he touches you, he's not shy and would ask you out if he was into you by this point. He knows you have a crush on him and he likes the ego boost, but that's the extent of it. A guy who was into you would make that crystal clear. Save your emotional energy for some smart guy who wants to snap you up before any other guy gets the chance.

If you like him, just give him a little encouragement when he tests the waters. Like giving him a little extra time and attention, being available to spend time with him, especially one on one... If he likes you and he is not a total coward, he should make a move.

If you are open and receptive to his engagement (but don't be blatant about it), and he never makes a decisive move, then he is not interested in you, or is a total coward. You don't want to date a coward. And you don't want to ask out a guy who is not all that interested in you, cos plenty of guys will reciprocate at that point just to get laid. Always make guys work for you, don't offer yourself up on a plate.

Do you work together? Is he a supervisor? At work make sure you act professional and keep things about work. Do not cross boundaries. It would be better to date outside of work. If you think he is being inappropriate you can complain to HR about sexual harassment. If you are trying read some sort of tea leaves about his interest, try to focus on work instead. Date outside of work. He would be a fool to make passes at coworkers.

The one time we were playing a card game with a bunch of coworkers and when it was his turn I turned and looked at him. I don’t see him touching other females coworkers like that . I like him a bit and find myself acting awkward and dumb around him.

Archived