Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am the Dumper

I think you were right to end it. Canceling plans the same afternoon to go drinking with her daughter? Ridiculous. She sounds like she's trying to be one of the kids or attempting to regain some of her lost youth. Your maturity levels are way off with this woman - that's the incompatibility. Find another woman who's on a much more similar wavelength as you.

I'm all for independence and couples having their own hobbies outside of the relationship but I think her behaviour is unreasonable and it doesn't speak of enough commitment long term. She may have also been trying to blow you off and didn't have the courage to end it if she felt disenchanted or bored in the relationship.

Bronze Member
    As a side point, it baffles me that people think 45 minutes is long distance. My ex and I lived an hour apart and neither of us ever considered it "long distance". We saw each other twice in the week and at weekends; he'd come to mine, I'd go to his or we'd meet somewhere in the middle to go and do something together. The average commute time in the UK is now 59 minutes, so 45 minutes for someone you're in a relationship with shouldn't really be an issue.

She's a mother. I'm a mother. You'll always take a backseat to another person's child. You are low on their priority list. There are so many hours in the day and there isn't enough brain space, time and energy for you. If you want to be more exclusive, then don't date a parent who needs to share their time with their child or children. Become realistic.

I think you were rather impulsive the way you ended it and could've handled it better.

I would apologize while still letting her know that you wish to break up. Tell her how you feel. Be gracious. End it diplomatically and respectfully. Then truly move on with your independence and know that you made it right with her.

It sounds like you are looking for convenience if 45 min is too much trouble for you and you consider that a LDR. Are you recently divorced or broken up?
    Originally Posted by chris 101
    doing a long distance thing, well lets be honest we only live about 45 minutes apart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice