Magnet of Success

misterjister

I suppose any reason that someone takes to improve their life is a good one, at least in the beginning... that said, at the end of the day if you are doing it solely for the benefit of the other person or doing it to make them regret leaving you, then it's just another form of codependency.

If you truly want to attract positive and giving energy, then focus on how to be a positive and giving person no matter who or what is in your life.

Is Your Ex A Narcissist? See For Yourself!

^^^ That is one of the subjects to click on ...*sigh .....so a load of desperate people come away convinced their ex was a narc having no real idea what one actually is , what group it belongs to , the assessment involved in a diagnosis and the reality of them actually been one ....next thing you see them on forums like this , with titles like this * I keep going out with narcs * * why do I always fall for a narc* ... !! The reality .....your ex just didn't want to be with you .

But wait... some are sociopaths, lol.😋 Yep, everyone's ex is a psycho, narcissist, etc. However doesn't that beg the question of why anyone would pick no less stay with someone who suddenly developed every imaginable diagnosis in the DSM 5? Sounds a giant bunch of sours grapes to me.

a load of desperate people come away convinced their ex was a narc having no real idea what one actually is.The reality .....your ex just didn't want to be with you .

Zan? No last name and can't be certain what he "graduated" from in his About Me section. Was it a degree (BA, MA)? Or what school? What tenure does he have in helping others professionally? The website seems a bit cartoony. This person could be someone from this forum for all we know or even you, OP.

I think it's a better idea to check in with a therapist locally and see someone if a person is struggling or needs answers. The idea isn't to try and decode what an ex is thinking. It's in developing techniques in life to deal with hardship and confusion. The work has to come from within, developing those coping mechanisms and creating better thought patterns. The way this person writes on the blog is attempting to interpret what the other party feels as a third party. This doesn't make sense to me. Why not simply respect someone else for their individual thoughts and opinions during/after a break up? Isn't that answer enough?

To his credit, he does debunk the 30 day No Contact Rule as a scam. Great. The internet is just starting to catch on to this silly idea and discourage it. There are a lot of people in pain who will grasp at whatever it takes to try and make the hurt stop and are vulnerable. I'm glad the no contact "rule" is being exposed for what it is.

Nope it's not me i assure you of that Rose :)

Ive read a bit and watched loads of these so called "coaches" online but the Magnet of Success blog and Dating Guy on YouTube seem to be the best of a bad bunch -just in my opinion.

I wouldn't give either of them any money though..you may have some other recommendations of people to look up online that are good too?

I'm not a fan of sites/organisations which prey on people's feelings of despair whether it's get rich quick, miracle cures or in this case heartaches. Even if they don't ask for money, the time you spend reading this type of false hope is time spent not pursuing healthier more productive activities. This type of thing tells the person with the issue that they have the quick-fix answers. If it were that easy. You may be better off enlisting the help of objective qualified professional advice. Watching videos is not a dialogue, it's like watching any other entertainment.

The entire blog can be summed up as, "achieve success as a form of revenge and assume that your ex will be jealous of your greatness and therefore regret dumping you." Vindictiveness is a self destructive quality and not everyone harbors jealousy. The fact that the blogger makes this sweeping statement that jealousy is fundamental human characteristic says more about the blogger's poor character than anything about humanity.

The reality is that people don't break up with you because you are defective, unsuccessful, etc. People break up with you simply because you are not the right long term partner for them for internal reasons that have little to do with you. As such, your success, happiness or lack of is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter because it doesn't change the reasons for the break up. To put it very very bluntly, only a shallow materialistic gold digger will regret dumping you if you show up successful later on. Outside of that, your ex doesn't care.

Ex - a person who is no longer a part of your life. Getting that and learning how to let go is a skill. A skill you should have developed as a kid, but if you haven't, better to focus on developing that now instead of reading garbage blogs on how to get your ex back.

I kind of liked reading one of the articles despite the wordiness. Not a fan of how he uses a lot of words for filler but there are some gold nuggets if you sift through it. The one I just viewed was under Personal Growth: How To Trust Again After You've Been Hurt. The article has some approximations like leaving six months to get to know someone or allow trust to build (at the bottom). I haven't built any trust in my relationships in six months so this seems a bit unrealistic to me anyway. I think if he made the articles more concise he could condense a lot of those ideas more meaningfully into several paragraphs. Maybe it's to avoid plagiarism and to sound more colloquial/informal.

Not sure what you're saying maew? Have you read the blog? Seems a pretty switched on guy.

Another one i like on YouTube is called Dating Guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFWyH7B4Tc0-rMtdUvtanA/featured

so many scam artists out there but these 2 are my favourites. What about you?

Yes I read it... if I am going to have an opinion on anything, I try to make it an informed one.

I mean does a lot of what he said make sense? Sure... everyone knows that if you want to be happy and attract happiness into your life, you need to do things that improve your overall wellness.

My point is that intent matters... whether it's short term or long term, intent is one of the cores of trust and authenticity. If you are doing your self-improvements with a pure intent of investing in yourself so that you can be a good person in the world... it comes across totally differently than if your intent is to ultimately make your ex regret leaving you.

Imagine two scenarios: There is a woman handing out socks, gloves and hats to homeless people on the street.

Scenario one: The woman is smiling, talking to each person, and when she finishes she gets in her car and heads home for a hot bath and a snuggle with her cats, never saying a word about what she did.

Scenario two: The woman is smiling, talking to each person, and as she is doing so she is taking selfies and videos, and when she finishes she gets in her car and starts posting them on social media so that her ex (or whoever) can see what she is doing.

Scenario one: humble, compassionate, authentic... confidence and self-esteem come from within rather than from the outside.

Scenario two: validation and approval seeking, confidence and self-esteem come from the outside rather than within.

Which one is more sustainable long term? Which one will increase your overall value in yourself? Which one will allow your true self to shine no matter what or who is in your life?

That's my point about the article. Start how ever you want... but doing anything just to get validation from others will eventually have the opposite affect.

Food for thought.

Archived