Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I do

I'm going to guess one of two situations is happening. Either you're young and feel as though you want to experience more romantic relationships before finally settling down to a lifetime, serious relationship.

Or: Even though you enjoy your gf, you, or you and her together, have let that special spark go and have settled into something that is lacking.

If you decide to move on with your gf, two things will have to happen. You will have to block and delete any further communication with exes. If you couldn't say something to another woman when your gf is around, it means you're crossing relationship boundaries. And if you wouldn't want a partner doing something behind your back, don't do it yourself. How would you like it if your gf texted a guy she was fantasizing about at the rate that you do with your ex?

And then read some articles about how to reinvigorate your love life. The little things you do end up meaning a lot. Be creative. Also think about romance and not just having the end goal of intimacy. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You just have to figure out what's there that keeps pulling you back.

. . or sometimes it's a reflection of your own unavailability. It's hard to move forward when you are hung up on the past. The past may be nothing more than a fantasy or something you've have built up to more than it really is/was.

It's a perfect way to keep from being fully committed to your future and it could just be an excuse that you aren't willing to admit to yourself.

Are you at a crossroads? Moving in? Getting engaged/married? Kids? This old flame is a symptom of needing/wanting some sort of roadblock. Explore that as an option.
    Originally Posted by inadaze3030
    I have a wonderful girlfriend who I've been dating for almost 5 years and she is my best friend but I can't stop thinking of the girl

I truly do love my girlfriend but I can't stop thinking and dreaming about my ex even after all this time.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    . . or sometimes it's a reflection of your own unavailability. It's hard to move forward when you are hung up on the past. The past may be nothing more than a fantasy or something you've have built up to more than it really is/was.

It's a perfect way to keep from being fully committed to your future and it could just be an excuse that you aren't willing to admit to yourself.
    Agree.........

Ya good posts guys I agree. It's a grass is greener on the other side situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice