LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So... it keeps happening.

So... it keeps happening.

I feel so stupid. If you search for my started treads, you will find out i’ve been played for the same person for almost a year now. She breaks up with me and then we get back together.
    There is another detail. We live in different states, and somei-me she says its too hard to keep a long distance relationship and thats why she picks fights with me then breakup. The thing... next week i Will go to her state to see her. I thought this could maybe makes things a little less unstable... but she blocked me on everything and now she is saying she wont meet me there. I feel terribly stupid. And extremely disrespected. But i also think there is something wrong with her. Shes really unstable... could it be she is affraid of meeting me? Or she simply doesnt care and just wants to play games?

Why do you keep trying to have a relationship with someone who is unstable?

You mentioned in a previous thread in Sept that her son was diagnosed with leukemia. If he's ill there are a lot of emotions there for a mother worrying for her child. I think she needs a friend more than anything and you may be mistaking that need for support for something else (romance of some kind). Do you know how her son is doing?

Originally Posted by Lauralatifa
    I feel so stupid. If you search for my started treads, you will find out i’ve been played for the same person for almost a year now. She breaks up with me and then we get back together.
    There is another detail. We live in different states, and somei-me she says its too hard to keep a long distance relationship and thats why she picks fights with me then breakup. The thing... next week i Will go to her state to see her. I thought this could maybe makes things a little less unstable... but she blocked me on everything and now she is saying she wont meet me there. I feel terribly stupid. And extremely disrespected. But i also think there is something wrong with her. Shes really unstable... could it be she is affraid of meeting me? Or she simply doesnt care and just wants to play games?
    I had a quick scan of your previous threads... Can I just confirm, have you ever actually met this person? I sincerely hope this has not been an exclusively online relationship.

Aside from that. Look at the statements I highlighted. If somebody behaves like that towards you (and it started before her son's supposed cancer diagnosis), then what does it matter why she is behaving such a way? It is unacceptable. End things cleanly and remove this toxic influence in your life.

Seek therapy. Without meaning to be offensive, you seem broken. You should focus on fixing yourself before worrying about relationships period, let alone with somebody who treats you like that.

She has told you that she doesn't want you to visit and she's ended the relationship so: Regardless of any other reason, that alone is enough for you to just leave her alone. Just because she said she doesn't want to meet you doesn't mean there is anything wrong with her. It just means she's finished with the relationship as you should be and as you should accept because it's been a dysfunctional on an off situation.

Time for you to stop trying to make this work because it really never has.

Maybe consider taking your own inventory instead of hers... you are choosing to be “disrespected” by continuing to pursue her.... and you are no more stable than she is given how long you have stayed with her and put up with this chaos.

Are you staying with her because you want to feel better than her?

So... this is kind of awkward and maybe a red flag... but he wasnt with leukemia.... i dont know if she said that because it was a possible diagnose and she was scared or if it was to try to talk to me.... but he is fine now....

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    She has told you that she doesn't want you to visit and she's ended the relationship so: Regardless of any other reason, that alone is enough for you to just leave her alone. Just because she said she doesn't want to meet you doesn't mean there is anything wrong with her. It just means she's finished with the relationship as you should be and as you should accept because it's been a dysfunctional on an off situation.

Time for you to stop trying to make this work because it really never has.
    Its really more complicated than that... she says those things but after no contact she comes back and say she loves me and was just scared... when i say there is something “off” with her, im wpndering if she is manipulating me for entertainment....

Originally Posted by maew
    Maybe consider taking your own inventory instead of hers... you are choosing to be “disrespected” by continuing to pursue her.... and you are no more stable than she is given how long you have stayed with her and put up with this chaos.

Are you staying with her because you want to feel better than her?
    I totally agree with you. But i teel the need to see her face to have closure...

Originally Posted by Lauralatifa
    So... this is kind of awkward and maybe a red flag... but he wasnt with leukemia.... i dont know if she said that because it was a possible diagnose and she was scared or if it was to try to talk to me.... but he is fine now....
    lol... I knew it. What normal decent mother would ever use something like this to create drama in a relationship.

It's not "maybe a red flag". It's a sea of red flags like at the Chinese National Day parade!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice