LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Friend said you've lost yourself

Friend said you've lost yourself

My friend had said to me that she feels like I lost part of myself when I was in my now ex relationship, she said I was always a social butterfly and knew everyone but when I got into my relationship a few years ago she feels a part of me lost myself, what is the meaning of this?

Did you feel like yourself in that relationship? Perhaps she means you were much more invested than he was?

It seems you pushed through despite many problems:[Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by LSL
    My friend had said to me that she feels like I lost part of myself when I was in my now ex relationship

Why do you care? Just do what you do and tell her to mind her own business. The relationship is over so whatever she's got coming at you after the fact is just yappy yappy pointless chatter. Pick better people to be around with.

It means that your behavior changed significantly and not necessarily for the better. Maybe you became more isolated, or stressed, or less social, or depressed, or maybe you dropped your friendships. If you want to know specifics, then ask your friend to explain exactly what changed.

Some relationships bring out the best in you, others not so much. Sounds like this past relationship was the latter and your friend observed that.

Yeah she is my best friend and I dont think she was meaning it in a bad way, I think she maybe means that before I was quite a bubbly person and after being in the relationship apart of me maybe wasnt who I used to be before I got into it, she said my vibe changed a bit

Sometimes people get so wrapped up in a new relationship that they turn their backs on their friends and focus on the new love in their life. Perhaps you did that.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Did you feel like yourself in that relationship? Perhaps she means you were much more invested than he was?

It seems you pushed through despite many problems:[Register to see the link]
    Yeah she is my best friend and I dont think she was meaning it in a bad way, I think she maybe means that before I was quite a bubbly person and after being in the relationship apart of me maybe wasnt who I used to be before I got into it, she said my vibe changed a bit

Platinum Member
    I think she meant well. Perhaps, it is something you should watch for in the future. Did your friends and family like him?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I think she meant well. Perhaps, it is something you should watch for in the future. Did your friends and family like him?
    Yeah they did but alot of things happened at the end of the relationship and now they dont

Platinum Member
    Was it the way he suddenly ended things?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice