After EMDR less emotional?

I think you've got a better grasp and understanding of yourself, you don't seem out of touch with your emotions, but perhaps more logical in how you approach emotionally trying situation? Xx

Yes, I think that is it, more logical maybe . Maybe I was just used to the emotional chaos PTSD brings.

Oh, interesting!

I don’t think I’ve ever interacted with you one-on-one and I definitely tend to float in and out of the forums over the years depending on what’s going on in my own life... so please take what I have to say with a grain of salt...

... but yes. My initial perception of you was that you were perhaps a little more on the “emotional” side. I have actually noticed a shift, questioned myself on that perception and had to do a “double-take“. It’s interesting that you posted this...

Now... whether that has to do with the therapy... or what you (or I) were each going through at the time... or it’s just a coincidence, etc - I don’t know... but yes, you made me do a double-take. Lol!

Oh, interesting!

I don’t think I’ve ever interacted with you one-on-one and I definitely tend to float in and out of the forums over the years depending on what’s going on in my own life... so please take what I have to say with a grain of salt...

... but yes. My initial perception of you was that you were perhaps a little more on the “emotional” side. I have actually noticed a shift, questioned myself on that perception and had to do a “double-take“. It’s interesting that you posted this...

Now... whether that has to do with the therapy... or what you (or I) were each going through at the time... or it’s just a coincidence, etc - I don’t know... but yes, you made me do a double-take. Lol!

Thanks! For a few years now I have felt different. Less chaotic. Wether I am different due to complete processing a lot of complex grieving on many many issues as a result of time or therapy or both.

Since having my EMDR i find myself more inquisitive i would say and less emotional but not in a negative way i'd say. I am constantly a lot more interested in peoples behaviour and motives and i'm direct in asking them.

I am less emotional than when i was deep in PTSD but that was unbearable for me as i've always been quite cool and calm and being all over the place with PTSD made me want to kill myself! :D

Since having my EMDR i find myself more inquisitive i would say and less emotional but not in a negative way i'd say. I am constantly a lot more interested in peoples behaviour and motives and i'm direct in asking them.

I am less emotional than when i was deep in PTSD but that was unbearable for me as i've always been quite cool and calm and being all over the place with PTSD made me want to kill myself! :D

Me too I was in chaos for 37 years.

I’m a fan of EMDR. It really helped me to deal with the trauma :)

Hey buddy! Hope youre doing well. I was glad to see your post on here.

Me too I was in chaos for 37 years.

Seraphim, would you mind sharing a bit of your experience? What was the chaos like? How long did you do EMDR? EMDR kind of fascinates me and ive always wanted to try it.

Hey buddy! Hope youre doing well. I was glad to see your post on here.

Seraphim, would you mind sharing a bit of your experience? What was the chaos like? How long did you do EMDR? EMDR kind of fascinates me and ive always wanted to try it.

The chaos for me was looking at every aspect of my life through the lens of repeat severe trauma . I had very little emotional regulation. I was hyper vigilant. I suffered horrific nightmares for decades, memory disturbance etc etc. 2 nervous breakdowns in 37 years. My PTSD was getting extremely debilitating. I had become completely nonfunctional.

After I was stabilized by two years of other therapies I did 10 weeks , 1 session per week. I would say I have a 75% reduction in symptoms.

Archived