Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After EMDR less emotional?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

After EMDR less emotional?

For those on here who have known me a long while ....I had EMDR therapy probably four years ago now . I have found myself less emotional and less reactionary. Do I seem that way or is it just me that feels that way inside?

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    I think you've got a better grasp and understanding of yourself, you don't seem out of touch with your emotions, but perhaps more logical in how you approach emotionally trying situation? Xx

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    I think you've got a better grasp and understanding of yourself, you don't seem out of touch with your emotions, but perhaps more logical in how you approach emotionally trying situation? Xx
    Yes, I think that is it, more logical maybe . Maybe I was just used to the emotional chaos PTSD brings.

Platinum Member
    Oh, interesting!

I donít think Iíve ever interacted with you one-on-one and I definitely tend to float in and out of the forums over the years depending on whatís going on in my own life... so please take what I have to say with a grain of salt...

... but yes. My initial perception of you was that you were perhaps a little more on the ďemotionalĒ side. I have actually noticed a shift, questioned myself on that perception and had to do a ďdouble-takeď. Itís interesting that you posted this...

Now... whether that has to do with the therapy... or what you (or I) were each going through at the time... or itís just a coincidence, etc - I donít know... but yes, you made me do a double-take. Lol!

Originally Posted by RedDress
    Oh, interesting!

I donít think Iíve ever interacted with you one-on-one and I definitely tend to float in and out of the forums over the years depending on whatís going on in my own life... so please take what I have to say with a grain of salt...

... but yes. My initial perception of you was that you were perhaps a little more on the ďemotionalĒ side. I have actually noticed a shift, questioned myself on that perception and had to do a ďdouble-takeď. Itís interesting that you posted this...

Now... whether that has to do with the therapy... or what you (or I) were each going through at the time... or itís just a coincidence, etc - I donít know... but yes, you made me do a double-take. Lol!
    Thanks! For a few years now I have felt different. Less chaotic. Wether I am different due to complete processing a lot of complex grieving on many many issues as a result of time or therapy or both.

Iím a fan of EMDR. It really helped me to deal with the trauma :)

Gold Member
    Since having my EMDR i find myself more inquisitive i would say and less emotional but not in a negative way i'd say. I am constantly a lot more interested in peoples behaviour and motives and i'm direct in asking them.

I am less emotional than when i was deep in PTSD but that was unbearable for me as i've always been quite cool and calm and being all over the place with PTSD made me want to kill myself!

Originally Posted by Carus
    Me too!!!

Originally Posted by ninjabib
    Since having my EMDR i find myself more inquisitive i would say and less emotional but not in a negative way i'd say. I am constantly a lot more interested in peoples behaviour and motives and i'm direct in asking them.

I am less emotional than when i was deep in PTSD but that was unbearable for me as i've always been quite cool and calm and being all over the place with PTSD made me want to kill myself!
    Me too I was in chaos for 37 years.

Bronze Member
    Hey buddy! Hope youre doing well. I was glad to see your post on here.

Me too I was in chaos for 37 years.
    Seraphim, would you mind sharing a bit of your experience? What was the chaos like? How long did you do EMDR? EMDR kind of fascinates me and ive always wanted to try it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice