Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all diabetics

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

Calling all diabetics

What is your blood sugar reading after a meal ? About just after an hour out from eating it? Mine was 8.4 . I used a friendís machine.

Do you take insulin?

I try to keep my blood sugar level at 120 or under at all times.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Do you take insulin?

I try to keep my blood sugar level at 120 or under at all times.
    Nope. Not metformin either. My doctor wants me to try diet and exercise long before medication. I was only diagnosed in Oct.

Exercise is really; beneficial. It lowers your blood sugar. What is your number upon waking?

I hate to tell you this but all I ate last night at my sister's house for Thanksgiving potluck was turkey and a salad! I love mashed potatoes, my mother's divine gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, corn casserole, green bean & mushroom casserole made w/o canned soups & w/o canned green beans (used only fresh green beans) and pumpkin, apple and peach pies but I didn't eat any of it. I cooked the majority of the food and all appetizers, washed pots 'n pans 'n utensils, platters, bowls and anything that didn't fit in the dishwasher despite using paper plates. I helped my mother make huge batches of gravy. We had 40 guests! I just watch everyone else eat, laugh and have a good time which made me happy.

I did eat a few appetizers which I made and I can't eat like that habitually but once a year is ok. I awoke with puffy eyes because I retain water if I eat anything salty the day before. Today is detox day. I'm drinking a lot of hot green tea!

My hands and feet hurt from working the party yesterday. Exercise is planned for tomorrow after a day of rest!

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Exercise is really; beneficial. It lowers your blood sugar. What is your number upon waking?
    No idea I donít have a machine my dr never told me to get one.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    I hate to tell you this but all I ate last night at my sister's house for Thanksgiving potluck was turkey and a salad! I love mashed potatoes, my mother's divine gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, corn casserole, green bean & mushroom casserole made w/o canned soups & w/o canned green beans (used only fresh green beans) and pumpkin, apple and peach pies but I didn't eat any of it. I cooked the majority of the food and all appetizers, washed pots 'n pans 'n utensils, platters, bowls and anything that didn't fit in the dishwasher despite using paper plates. I helped my mother make huge batches of gravy. We had 40 guests! I just watch everyone else eat, laugh and have a good time which made me happy.

I did eat a few appetizers which I made and I can't eat like that habitually but once a year is ok. I awoke with puffy eyes because I retain water if I eat anything salty the day before. Today is detox day. I'm drinking a lot of hot green tea!

My hands and feet hurt from working the party yesterday. Exercise is planned for tomorrow after a day of rest!
    Oh believe me my eyes are already rolling at what I canít eat. Lucky our Thanksgiving is in Oct.

I have to be careful. My maternal grandfather and uncle are both diabetics as it runs in the family.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Oh believe me my eyes are already rolling at what I canít eat. Lucky our Thanksgiving is in Oct.
    Wait, your Thanksgiving is in Oct? Is it due to convenience and that's the only time the family, relatives and in-laws can get together? Is it due to scheduling? Or, is your TG (Thanksgiving) traditionally celebrated in Oct instead of Nov? I'm confused.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    I have to be careful. My maternal grandfather and uncle are both diabetics as it runs in the family.
    It runs in my dadís family. My father insulin dependent on dialysis at deathís door. Both his parents were diabetic, his uncle was diabetic ,his grandmother was diabetic. And his uncle and grandmother died from diabetic complications. And he will too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice