LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: TRX Suspension Training

TRX Suspension Training

Is anyone familiar with TRX?

It appeals to me because it focuses on strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability.

I have mild Cervical spondylosis and Cervical degenerative disc disease which I have been keeping at bay through Physical Therapy and light movement activities and walking.

Many of my PT exercises incorporate resistance bands already so this may be a good fit.

If anyone suffers from pre-existing injuries what types of activities do you find work best?

I had a hip replacement last year, and so I can't run anymore. But I try to walk at least 2-3 miles a day.

With neck issues, it's best to err on the side of caution. I think the light movement is good.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I had a hip replacement last year, and so I can't run anymore. But I try to walk at least 2-3 miles a day.

With neck issues, it's best to err on the side of caution. I think the light movement is good.
    I suppose I can always consult with the trainer first or just sit in on a class.

Agree on erring on the side of caution with my neck. I'll just focus on my lower extremities for now.

Thanks for your help.

Just be mindful of the exercises that you choose to do.

With TRX, there's literally no impact, since you are relying on suspension. Even when you do push ups, you are suspended. I think the main thing to worry about is losing your grip and pulling a muscle or hitting the floor at an awkward angle--I guess that could be considered an impact lol.

Yoga and Pilates are also good ways to strengthen your core muscles. But obviously every exercise wouldn't be appropriate for you. For example, you should probably avoid anything that resembles a shoulder stand.

My physical therapist said that as long as an exercise isn't causing me pain, it's ok to do. But you should definitely consult your own doctor.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice