Post-sex behaviour seems like he's (28M) into me (24F). Thoughts?

minute_perception

Had a one night stand with a guy who I met through a mutual friend. We were incredibly touchy, before and post-sex. After sex, we laid by each other and just talked for almost 2 hours. We then went out to the lounge room and cuddled up on the couch talking about a million things. He then was hungry and offered for us both to get some take in. I was sort of mentioning that I should head home and let him sleep but he kept saying, I can stay for a bit longer. We were doing the footsie and everything.

When I last said it while we were cuddling on the couch, he sort of grabbed me and told me to lay on top of him. He then fell asleep for a short while.

Never had a guy that genuinely wanted to chat post-sex. Thoughts?

This makes me sad to read.

Sweety stop having sex with strangers.

Just because a guy is willing to have sex with you doesn’t mean much of anything.

Please stop, work on your self esteem.

^^^ I agree/don't agree/agree with my darling there ....let me explain ....

To me ( and it is a very personal choice ) I am ok with casual sex , I have had an interesting sex life in my time , I led it myself and regret nothing ...

However the key point here is that I chose it ....

Reading back your threads dusty , you choose one night stands , then you appear to want more ....that is where I agree whole heartedly with figure ...people looking for a shag end up with people who are offering a shag ...and as much I don't always agree with the politics ..it will never change .

So it is a decision ...you want to shag about or you want to look for someone to have a lasting relationship ...because we can change this world but we will never change the fact that a one night stand is a shag and usually ...nothing more .

Never had a guy that genuinely wanted to chat post-sex. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that he liked talking to you and hanging out with you, but it doesn't mean he wants more.

Guys don't generally have one night stands with girls they want to date.

There are exceptions to the rule of course... however I would manage your expectations around this.

What exactly is it you would like to see happen now that you've had sex, Dusty?

You want our thoughts on the fact that he wanted to chat after shagging? I've never been with a guy that didn't want to chat before or after having sex whether it was a one nighter or a 40+ year'er.

What are you used to? Them doing it and then getting dressed and bouncing on you? That doesn't seem to be a reason to do causal again IMO. Chatting afterwards is a common courtesy, No?

Anyway, what is it you'd like to happen with this guy (if anything?)

Having a one night stand does not mean you don't have self respect !!! We are not all from the same pencil case .

I agree. An over-nighter is fine, if you go into it just wanting an over-nighter.

I have noticed over the years that where it happens on the first date, that tends against any long term relationship.

Not always, mind, but a lot of the time. Sometimes you might have a few more booty-call style go-rounds, but in the end they move on to a new toy.

The moral of that story is, don't hop into bed on a first date if you see the other person as a prospect.

The alternative would be to shove you out the door immediately after he orgasms. He's probably not a complete jerk and thinks you're cool, so why not chat? It doesn't mean he wants to start a relationship with you.

Now, if he calls and says he wants to take you out to dinner or to see a film, THAT would be indication he wants to date you. But if he calls suggesting you come over...booty call.

What is it you are ultimately looking for?

This is the third similar scenario where you casually slept with a man and after the fact are trying to read between the lines as to what is going on.

Asking what the meaning behind the words and actions are suggests you might be looking for a meaningful connection.

How about getting to know someone first and at which time you think there is a viable connection, you decide whether to take it another level and sleep with him then.

Having sex with men first and trying to figure out who they are after is likely just going to get you more of the same.

Archived