Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sent Facebook text

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Another analogy. . (from a therapist when I told him I wasn't ready to date and at that moment I wouldn't be very good at it.)

He told me that I wasn't going to learn to date again by standing outside the batters box, watching. I'd only get better at it if I got in the box and started swinging.
    Your therapist had a very good point. But, I cannot even imagine ever dating again (especially at my age). I think I will go solo. But, thank you! xx

Originally Posted by goddess
    Your therapist had a very good point. But, I cannot even imagine ever dating again (especially at my age). I think I will go solo. But, thank you! xx
    I wasn't suggesting you date. The takeaway was getting out and being social. The only way you'll get comfortable with it, is to actually do it.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    just FYI, those games, and gaming is how a lot of people socially interact these days. That's probably why he suggested you get in the game with him. Some games have a chat box or you can voice chat on the higher playing level games. So it was a good thing you moved on, games not being of any interest to you.
    I guess I've been out of the loop regarding those games. Yep, I've moved on. I tried, he tried. It didn't fly. End of story. Thank you!

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I wasn't suggesting you date. The takeaway was getting out and being social. The only way you'll get comfortable with it, is to actually do it.
    Yes, I agree. And thank you!

Gold Member
    Thank you all for your input It was very helpful and I feel much better now. Happy Thanksgiving to you! xx

Originally Posted by goddess
    I hoped, not expected. The real reason that I wanted to reconnect is because I literally have no friends these days and I thought it might be nice to talk. Kind of pathetic but true.
    Understood. And I don't think it's pathetic. You just happen to have a somewhat lonely reality at the moment. It's good to take steps to change that.

However, I don't think you should reach out to this particular person anymore. You want some simple, straightforward friendships. You don't want to waste time with game-players.

And on that note, I'd like to point out that this guy literally responded by sending you a game and only seems to interact with you where the game is involved.

Need I say more?

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Understood. And I don't think it's pathetic. You just happen to have a somewhat lonely reality at the moment. It's good to take steps to change that.

However, I don't think you should reach out to this particular person anymore. You want some simple, straightforward friendships. You don't want to waste time with game-players.

And on that note, I'd like to point out that this guy literally responded by sending you a game and only seems to interact with you where the game is involved.

Need I say more?
    How right you are, Jibralta. I won't reach out to him anymore. His response speaks volumes. Thanks for your input. Happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice