Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Sent Facebook text

  1. #21
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Another analogy. . (from a therapist when I told him I wasn't ready to date and at that moment I wouldn't be very good at it.)

    He told me that I wasn't going to learn to date again by standing outside the batters box, watching. I'd only get better at it if I got in the box and started swinging.
    Your therapist had a very good point. But, I cannot even imagine ever dating again (especially at my age). I think I will go solo. But, thank you! xx

  2. #22
    Platinum Member reinventmyself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,819
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by goddess
    Your therapist had a very good point. But, I cannot even imagine ever dating again (especially at my age). I think I will go solo. But, thank you! xx
    I wasn't suggesting you date. The takeaway was getting out and being social. The only way you'll get comfortable with it, is to actually do it.

  3. #23
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    just FYI, those games, and gaming is how a lot of people socially interact these days. That's probably why he suggested you get in the game with him. Some games have a chat box or you can voice chat on the higher playing level games. So it was a good thing you moved on, games not being of any interest to you.
    I guess I've been out of the loop regarding those games. Yep, I've moved on. I tried, he tried. It didn't fly. End of story. Thank you!

  4. #24
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I wasn't suggesting you date. The takeaway was getting out and being social. The only way you'll get comfortable with it, is to actually do it.
    Yes, I agree. And thank you!

  5.  

  6. #25
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    Thank you all for your input It was very helpful and I feel much better now. Happy Thanksgiving to you! xx

  7. #26
    Platinum Member Jibralta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4,641
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by goddess
    I hoped, not expected. The real reason that I wanted to reconnect is because I literally have no friends these days and I thought it might be nice to talk. Kind of pathetic but true.
    Understood. And I don't think it's pathetic. You just happen to have a somewhat lonely reality at the moment. It's good to take steps to change that.

    However, I don't think you should reach out to this particular person anymore. You want some simple, straightforward friendships. You don't want to waste time with game-players.

    And on that note, I'd like to point out that this guy literally responded by sending you a game and only seems to interact with you where the game is involved.

    Need I say more?

  8. #27
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Understood. And I don't think it's pathetic. You just happen to have a somewhat lonely reality at the moment. It's good to take steps to change that.

    However, I don't think you should reach out to this particular person anymore. You want some simple, straightforward friendships. You don't want to waste time with game-players.

    And on that note, I'd like to point out that this guy literally responded by sending you a game and only seems to interact with you where the game is involved.

    Need I say more?
    How right you are, Jibralta. I won't reach out to him anymore. His response speaks volumes. Thanks for your input. Happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it.

  9. #28
    Platinum Member Jibralta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4,641
    Gender
    Female
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •