Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: How do I get over an ex-boyfriend?

How do I get over an ex-boyfriend?

It's been a year, and I haven't been able to move on from my past relationship, but my ex has moved on ,I still love him, don't know what to do?

How long were you dating? How do you know he moved on? Do you see each other at school/work? Or have contact via social media? The best thing to do is get out more. Join some clubs, groups, volunteer. Takes some classes courses. Get on some dating apps and start talking to and meeting guys.
    Originally Posted by Relation
    It's been a year, and I haven't been able to move on from my past relationship, but my ex has moved on ,I still love him, don't know what to do?

Delete/unfollow/unfriend him on social media. Do not ask friends about him and stop them if they try to give you Intel on what he's doing. Don't go places where you think you'll run into him. Put away all things that remind you of him.

Then, get out there. Sports, physical activity, see friends, spend time with family, take a class or volunteer.

Put your focus on you, not him. Do not sit at home and wallow, listening to songs that remind you of him.

Bronze Member
    Have you truly accepted it is over. That is step one.

You do need to disconnect on all platforms. Unfriend / unfollow on all social media. Delete his # from your phone. Stop asking about him.

Put away or throw out all mementos. Save all photos off your phone to a thumb drive if you can't bring yourself to delete them.

Now reinvent yourself. Join a gym or at least exercise. The endorphins are good for you. Rearrange your living space. Move the furniture around. Get a new bed spread. Add some new throw pillows. Move the art. Just make it different so that you don't have daily visual reminders of him in your space. Change something about yourself too: get a hair cut, try a crazy color, buy some new clothes, take up a hobby. Meanwhile keep yourself busy. Work over time; take an extra class; get a 2nd job. Just make sure you don't have time to wallow. Make lists of all your good qualities & why you a good partner so you know your own worth when it's time to date again

Give Advice
Ask For Advice